🤝 Sold 1989 Volvo 245 DL

v6buicks

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 22, 2018
Franklin, IN
Real Name
Jon
There is way too much to talk about. You can see all the work I've done below.
TCG - Beater Volvo 240 and it's quest...
Turbobricks - Deja Vu Mid Blue

In short, the car has 234k miles on the clock. Take that as it may. I am the 3rd owner. It has the original B230F and AW70 which still get me to and from work with ease and comfort. Heated seats, AC, power steering, and cruise control all work wonderfully. The car is almost all stock. The only modifications include OD solenoid delete (third cannot be manually selected); air box thermostat delete; Yoshifab frame ties; '90 brake junction and float switch from planetman; 15A strut plates; wagonmeister seat foam, grid, and heater; '90+ speakers; Pioneer stereo; remote start (yes, really); dealer installed r134a retrofit; and the Volvo accessory "small" 52mm tach.

As seen in the build threads, I have slaved over this car to keep everything ticking as nicely now is it did 30 years ago. A lot of time has been spent getting the cluster operating as normal, restoring the wheel wells and arches, replacing the full exhaust, repairing the corroded bumpers, and a lot of other stuff that makes rust belt Volvos a nightmare. While I can't say that it wouldn't continue to be a ton of work to maintain as a daily driver, I will say that it runs and drives better now than it ever has in my ownership. This car would be an amazing start for a +T project or just enjoying as-is.

The bad:
-The body IS still rusty.
-It needs an alignment. The car doesn't pull, but the wheel isn't quite straight.
-I don't need to get rid of it/I still love this car/I know what I have.

$3500 obo Comes with a lot of spare parts and receipts since new. Check out my build thread for more details and pictures. Otherwise, feel free to ask questions.
June 2021.jpg

1631100209778.png

1631100232295.png

Thread Info

• v6buicks
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list