1984 Mustang SVO

I'm finely pulling the trigger and selling my SVO. The picturs speak for themselves, Pretty solid but with some flaws due to it being 27 years old.
All the info is on the craigslist page i made, so if you're interested email me or message me on here. Feel free to ask anymore questions, i'll be totally honest and try to get back in a timely manner.
The leaves are free!!!
I put here up for $4500obo on craigslist, but i'll offer a TCG deal of $3500 to get it out of my parents driveway.
http://chicago.craigslist.org/nwc/cto/1704366257.html
Thanks,
Poops
Sorry the pictures aren't organized
IMAG0069.jpg

IMAG0074.jpg

IMAG0073.jpg

IMAG0083.jpg

IMAG0071.jpg

IMAG0075.jpg

IMAG0076.jpg

IMAG0077.jpg

IMAG0078.jpg

IMAG0079.jpg

IMAG0080.jpg

IMAG0081.jpg

IMAG0082.jpg

IMAG0101-1.jpg

IMAG0102-1.jpg

IMAG0103-1.jpg

IMAG0104-1.jpg

IMAG0105-1.jpg

IMAG0106-1.jpg

IMAG0107-1.jpg

IMAG0108-1.jpg

IMAG0084.jpg

IMAG0109-1.jpg

IMAG0110-1.jpg

IMAG0111-1.jpg

IMAG0112-1.jpg

IMAG0113-1.jpg

IMAG0114-1.jpg

IMAG0115-1.jpg

IMAG0116-1.jpg

IMAG0117-1.jpg

IMAG0118-1.jpg

IMAG0119-1.jpg

IMAG0120-1.jpg

IMAG0100.jpg

IMAG0101.jpg

Last edited:

Poopshinanigans

I'm a middle of the titties voter.
Nov 18, 2007
oops, it was built in 1983. Gonna sue me for false advertising?
Copy of the Craigslist posting

1984 For Mustang SVO
Grey exterior/ Grey Interior Comes with fitted car cover and locking cable
129,xxx miles
Car is from Georgia and has 4 owners including me (original owner, some guy who put a lot of miles on it, a collector who didn't have time to fix her up and was moving, and then me who was young foolish when he bought it)

Working Power windows, nonworking power locks (2 door keys, 2 ignition keys), Complete interior with functional stock lumbar pumps and adjustable thigh supports for great condition seats, Crack in plastic on dash, carpet is faded from the sun from original grey to a greenish color, Some trim is coming off but just needs new clips, Paint in overall good condition (Chips on front of hood, several small dings and a couple small chips with surface rust, though rest is shiny with straight panels), Car is missing front right running light cover but original, functioning and hard to find fog lights remain on car.

2.3L Turbo Motor. Turbo was replaced during my tenure as owner because previous owners shoddy rebuild job (seals in turbo weren't replaced properly and made a massive oil leak), Turbo was rebuilt by Evergreen Turbos in FL and is a reputable SVO turbo rebuilding and upgrading company was installed by my local repair shop. Manual switched electric fan was installed by previous owner and works great on hot days, There is a leak in the Coolant reservoir so coolant level is always at the add line, have never had it over heat though. New rebuilt VAM from autozone, new turbo intake hoses and filter.

Suspension, Trans, clutch, Rear end, Wheels/tires all in great shape. Shifter was replaced with a Hurst due to the stock long handled shifter having a wiggle in it beyond repair. Shifts are positive ( pretty much a time warp for people used to modern shifters) and clutch action is smooth.

Biggest problem: Ever since the turbo blew up the car has a periodic hickup from the motor that lasts for several seconds. VAM, spark plugs and wires were replaced and I don't have the means to dive deeper. When the hickup doesn't happen the car runs normal and strong. Also, due to the exhaust having a rattle and odd smell i chopped it off after the down pipe. The cat ended up have junk in it for some reason and the chrome tail pipes were pitted and bad. So be aware of that when thinking about purchasing. Its loud, and the turbo is easily heard.

This car is mostly original and was built in 1983, i don't have any illusions of it being a points car at the next mustang show. Its a first rate driver.

Asking $4500obo ($3500 for TCG members), am willing to deal
If you want extra pictures i have plenty and can email you more.

Last edited:

Thread Info