Reactions: dmctimelord

v6buicks

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 22, 2018
Franklin, IN
Real Name
Jon
I'm mad that it took me this long to find this thread. Everything about this thing is great!

Are the later 3.0L PRVs from the Eagle Premier an upgrade in terms of strength? I remember reading about some of the V6 Volvo guys liking those for the extra cubes and being about 15 years newer. You're right about the fuel systems not liking to sit though. That mechanical injection is amazing until it stops. :LOL: Awesome car, man. I've always wanted one!

Reactions: dmctimelord

daturbosix

HNIC @ GoodFellas Garage
TCG Sponsor
Mar 2, 2008
Aurora
Real Name
Jeff
I'm mad that it took me this long to find this thread. Everything about this thing is great!

Are the later 3.0L PRVs from the Eagle Premier an upgrade in terms of strength? I remember reading about some of the V6 Volvo guys liking those for the extra cubes and being about 15 years newer. You're right about the fuel systems not liking to sit though. That mechanical injection is amazing until it stops. :LOL: Awesome car, man. I've always wanted one!
its called a "fuel injection manifold!"

dmctimelord

Nov 17, 2020
Wheaton, IL
Real Name
Anthony

The stock DeLorean PRV is a 2.85 so you get a little more room and the 3.0 is setup for EFI which alone is a huge plus! I thought about doing an EFI conversion or finding a 3.0 and throwing it on a rack and rebuilding it with some forged goodies. The DeLorean is limited to about 125mph because thats all the K-Jet fuel distributor can dish out in terms of fuel supply. I get flack from folks a lot that the car is underpowered which is true for the modern era but not so off from an 81-82 Porsche. It was at the low end of the HP curve, but was not far off from other sports cars of the era. I would love to get an Alpine variant of the PRV engine. That style PRV holds a Le Mans speed record!!! :)

Thread Info