đź‘‹ INTRO 1981 DeLorean DMC-12

dmctimelord

Nov 17, 2020
Wheaton, IL
Real Name
Anthony
Hi everyone! I have owned my DeLorean for almost 2 years now. Original V-6 PRV (Peugeot-Renault-Volvo) engine and fitted with a twin turbo kit designed for DeLorean's back in the 80's. So far I have been focused on replacing 40 year old parts that are prone to failure due to their age (water pump, coolant hoses, new fuel lines, etc). Currently, rebuilding the brakes and replacing the bearings and various bushings throughout. The past year has been fun meeting others in the local Chicago car scene. Looking forward to getting out more next year! You can also see many more pics on the cars IG at dmctimelord where we take many creative photos. We try to incorporate Back to the Future and Doctor Who fan stuff when I can! Some of the pics I am posting below are from some awesome local car photographers! Thanks for having us here! :)

IMG_8742.png

DSC08572.jpg

PSX_20200928_155422.jpg

PSX_20200827_080602.jpg

2019-10-13-21.42.47.jpg

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
Hi everyone! I have owned my DeLorean for almost 2 years now. Original V-6 PRV (Peugeot-Renault-Volvo) engine and fitted with a twin turbo kit designed for DeLorean's back in the 80's. So far I have been focused on replacing 40 year old parts that are prone to failure due to their age (water pump, coolant hoses, new fuel lines, etc). Currently, rebuilding the brakes and replacing the bearings and various bushings throughout. The past year has been fun meeting others in the local Chicago car scene. Looking forward to getting out more next year! You can also see many more pics on the cars IG at dmctimelord where we take many creative photos. We try to incorporate Back to the Future and Doctor Who fan stuff when I can! Some of the pics I am posting below are from some awesome local car photographers! Thanks for having us here! :)

IMG_8742.png

DSC08572.jpg

PSX_20200928_155422.jpg

PSX_20200827_080602.jpg

2019-10-13-21.42.47.jpg
Great car, love the license plate!

dmctimelord

Nov 17, 2020
Wheaton, IL
Real Name
Anthony
Thank you for the kind words! I really appreciate the warm welcome! Looking forward to meeting and talking with everyone! The car has been really fun and is amazing to drive. One thing I have learned is that this car WANTS to be driven, the engine runs better and better every day. I have no intention of keeping her as a garage queen, its too fun to drive lol!

Reactions: blue-sun

dmctimelord

Nov 17, 2020
Wheaton, IL
Real Name
Anthony
Ermagerd!!!

This must come to Cars & Coffee next year. I know Deloreans have their issues and such.
But still such a cool car.

And a period twin turbo kit too, amaze balls
Hahah yep! It was one of two companies who developed turbo kits back then. Not a very high HP system as the engine can only handle 5-7 lbs of boost unless I beef up the internals. But for only a 2800 lb car it adds the pep the car should of had in the beginning! As for the issues? Yeah she has her quirks but I can say, once the engine had the proper attention and maintenance done, she runs better and better the more I drive it. The PRV engine does NOT like to be kept non-running! Purrs like a kitten honestly! :)

Reactions: blue-sun

ChrisRac

Still not Italian
TCG Premium
Jan 31, 2008
Gilbert, AZ
Real Name
I Think That’s Obvious
Holy shit, this is awesome. Welcome to the site!

ChrisRac ChrisRac

I found him on IG a few weeks ago and have been very impatiently waiting for him to join.

dmctimelord dmctimelord Glad you finally made it man!! Car looks amazing. TCG Thursday tomorrow in Algonquin if you don’t have anything going on. Looking forward to many more pics!!! Welcome!

dmctimelord

Nov 17, 2020
Wheaton, IL
Real Name
Anthony
I found him on IG a few weeks ago and have been very impatiently waiting for him to join.

dmctimelord dmctimelord Glad you finally made it man!! Car looks amazing. TCG Thursday tomorrow in Algonquin if you don’t have anything going on. Looking forward to many more pics!!! Welcome!
Thank you! Glad to be here! I have the rear end in pieces right now while I am rebuilding the brakes so unfortunately I will not able to bring her out. But hopefully I should have it up and running soon!

• Love
Reactions: ChrisRac

dmctimelord

Nov 17, 2020
Wheaton, IL
Real Name
Anthony
I can probably blame the DeLorean for my likings of the 3rd gen... I mean head to tails, body lines.... Almost the same car... I just can only afford a 3rd gen:(
Its funny you say that! I am a HUGE 3rd gen fan! Always wanted one. :) Since John DeLorean was poised to be a head of GM then left with his ideas to make the DMC-12, I and others in the DeLorean community swear that GM was heavily influenced by the styling of the DeLorean when making the 3rd gen (though they probably would never admit it lol). After all, the 3rd gen was introduced the same year that DMC went under! I always wondered if the DeLorean Motor Company survived, how the DMC-12 would have evolved in the mid 80's.

BTW that is a BEAUTIFUL IROC!

• Love
Reactions: DEEZUZ

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
TCG Premium
Nov 20, 2008
NWI
Its funny you say that! I am a HUGE 3rd gen fan! Always wanted one. :) Since John DeLorean was poised to be a head of GM then left with his ideas to make the DMC-12, I and others in the DeLorean community swear that GM was heavily influenced by the styling of the DeLorean when making the 3rd gen (though they probably would never admit it lol). After all, the 3rd gen was introduced the same year that DMC went under! I always wondered if the DeLorean Motor Company survived, how the DMC-12 would have evolved in the mid 80's.

BTW that is a BEAUTIFUL IROC!
giphy.gif

Thread Info