1977 Chevelle SE restore

Limey

Addict
Jan 11, 2010
only took abut 3.5 hours to get the OUTSIDE ONLY clean inside is coming real soon we snow yet again LOL

the white stuff on seats ended up just being dirt ( gravel dust ) and not mold very very happy about that

[

Last edited by a moderator:

Limey

Addict
Jan 11, 2010
well I Unbolted everything from Exhaust from the SE today was really surprised it all unbolted as easy as it did , LOL tilt motor to the right drive side will be on remove starter pass side will be on .......

Then Notch the trans member for the duals and exhaust will be done while I was under there I snapped some pics of Floors YAY no holes to speak of !!!

Was Puzzled by a few things though I discovered Why the speedo doesnt work............. its disconnected and also the E Brake cable either snapped or has been cut

eb6959d3.jpg

33c418a9.jpg

0b61a159.jpg

77a8364f.jpg

Limey

Addict
Jan 11, 2010
And after all that scrubbing took about 6 hours to do all interior seats and panels .....Man fingers were sore LOL

Also what I cant figure out did the Factory really use this much filler to get the paint thickness they needed ??? No sign of damage or dents or repairs HHHMMMM ??

Limey

Addict
Jan 11, 2010
All new boxed rear (upper / lower arms with new bushings )new rear sway bar from IMP SS fits perfect !

Front side of car now has new shocks, ball joints, springs and has the much thicker trans am sway bar again perfect fit ( well almost, had to trim a little of the new bushing, man this bar is thick ) Back on the ground Finally with wheels on it after 6 months and I have dumped the Landlord headache and bought a Modular Home not new but built in 1998 so not that old either and its home ( no garage ) but can add that later !

Limey

Addict
Jan 11, 2010
Well the SE is finally Fully re-assembled just have to tighten some speed nuts up for the header panel, yes this is where the SE sits now Arrrrggggg but at least we are saving 675 a month back in our pocket by buying this place, And was Just looking not bad for getting most all body lines back in semi-correct spot Just noticed that LOL gaps are still pretty good !

Limey

Addict
Jan 11, 2010
Yea man Front disc and 11" rear drums and the Impala SS rear end is a direct swap in Just have to have the pattern changed from 5x5 to 5 x4.75, I already have the Impala SS rear sway bar and the thicker '75 Trans Am front sway also a direct bolt in.

I wanna drop the front a little bit but don't wanna bite the bullet on a S10 lowering kit, which you guessed it also a direct bolt in

Thread Info