NEW RIDE 1977 Chevelle SE WENT TO DAUGHTER and took hers Look for new thread

Limey

Addict
Jan 11, 2010
Ok so sold the stock 454 heads from 1987 to a guy unexpectedly didn't think they would sell so fast LOL ..... so had to come apart sooner than expected actually doesn't look half bad will drain remainder of oil in it and flip her over and check bearings any idea on piston cc foe this year dont want to take to shop JUST for that ? Doing the build at home as much as I can .... Put heads on so they wont get warpped after getting done just snugged them up

Limey

Addict
Jan 11, 2010
Update: Motor is apart Cam was well Tired to say the least BUT for a 67 thousand Mile Motor home motor, Cam was not really all that bad (NO Not reusing) anyhow its dissembled Have to pull cam bearings for sure Will check crank and main when I pull a cap or two off in next few days and Some one asked about the Oil pan difference I dont remember who BUT took a side by side to show difference from RV to car pan

Also with the balancer I am looking to replace it because of the grommet cracking and coming out of the groove so have been advised to R/R it But replacement one is different it only has two drilled Holes in it instead of 3 in my mine and weighs 15.25 (new one) I haven't weighed mine yet the second one BOTH SAY direct replacement and the Second one weighs 15.40 pounds.

Anyways Enjoy pictures Cant wait to get this Back together WOOT WOOT

Reactions: DEEZUZ

Limey

Addict
Jan 11, 2010
fiance Got me belated Birthday gift, I think the Black label will tie the Black on Valve covers nicely I wanted a black one BUT not in the budget right now and for a Birthday gift you don't complain, I kinda like it more than I thought I would (I already had the decals in advance of air cleaner)

Thread Info