NEW RIDE 1977 Chevelle SE WENT TO DAUGHTER and took hers Look for new thread

Limey

Addict
Jan 11, 2010
That spoiler is fantastic. It has a total Mad Max/Road Warrior vibe to it.

Its what Came on it from Dealer in 1977

1630116775814.png

Limey

Addict
Jan 11, 2010
Read till end for for surprise It Really felt good to work on the 454 Finally after few illnesses. Not going onto that Just happy I can start the 454 finalization for install hopefully in Two weeks since I had to move away from the body work for a minute. ANYWAYS Oil pump, Fuel Pump, balancer, heads cranked down for good, next have to sort out the to tall oil pump or to short Oil pan whichever is less expensive...... OH BY THE WAY 4 SPEED is now in house with Hurst competition plus shifter only thing lacking is clutch assy and flywheel..... Also have the bigger 96 Z28 front sway bar as well ( daughter painted it today ) Love it when a buddy upgrades his 96 Z28 and gives you the old parts YEA BUDDY

Limey

Addict
Jan 11, 2010
305 resting quietly in Shed 454 is ready to pound the dam door down, Got some color added in there as planned (AC BOX is coming out in spring time so I cared not one about overspray on wires) and yes in spring time Brake Booster will be normal color I put Rust converter then primer (primer is porous) so wanted paint on it primed and painted Last picture is before Its not showroom but its good enough for me

Mr_Roboto

Doing the jobs nobody wants to
TCG Premium
Feb 4, 2012
Nashotah, Wisconsin (AKA not Illinois)
No its original Motor with only 46k Miles BUT yea I get what you mean and yea I know only a 305 BUT like mentioned original to car and being what it is Thats why Am saving it

Yeah that's cool that you're keeping the matching #s bit if it was a regular 73-77 probably not so required but this is a rare car and you'll likely benefit from it if you ever send it on its way to the next owner. I've got the old one here from my first Astro, it really could have used a send off. I bet it would have done surprisingly well.

Reactions: Limey

Limey

Addict
Jan 11, 2010
I bet it would have done surprisingly well.

Yea regular Malibu Classic would have sent it to the Moon, but she was down on power quite a bit Carb needs rebuilt (backfires thru it when let off Gas) 2 barrel carb (derby friends are bugging me to sell it to them) and instead of rebuilding the 305 I chose to just 454 swap With everything said and Done I have around $895 Bucks into the build ....... The motor / Transmission th475 came from a non wanted Motorhome, the Only New parts were Cam, Lifters, Rings, Oil pump/pickup, Water pump, headers............ I already Had Intake and the Quickfuel carb

Limey

Addict
Jan 11, 2010
It's officially bolted in there FINALLY AFTER A VERY LONG TIME
454 will be fired this spring winter will be here in 2 days I ran out of time but LIKE I TOLD Y'ALL I WANTED IT IN THE RAILS AND IT IS
That BAD 4 letter word for white stuff SNOW is scheduled to arrive Friday ARRRRRRRGGGGG BUT got it in there at least

1.jpg[/img][/url]

Limey

Addict
Jan 11, 2010
TWO DAYS AGO 40 degrees ......NOW 3" of snow dammmm

40 degrees outside (34 windchill) What do you do WELL YA GRAB a coat and tools LOL got some work done at least accessories and Radiator are installed ( took a gamble on a Marketplace radiator) It was NIB he didn't know what it was for and fits perfect. Have to paint the rad cover But waiting on the 454 decal to arrive for the Radiator cover Gonna use a 74 454 Decal for it PROGRESS IS PROGRESS right ??

ONLY THING NOW IS To swap the SBC power steering pump to the BBC one was assuming it would work but Bolting spots are in different spot .......

Thread Info