BUILD 1977 Chevelle SE build

OP
Limey

Limey

Addict
Reaction score
Well long story short welder bailed on me decided he didn't want to do floors anymore AFTER he cut floors out wtf.....
Anyways fast fwd alot of talking to some friends and body guys since I CAN NOT WELD I used 3m Panel bond I think it turned out good for first time floor work

OP
Limey

Limey

Addict
Reaction score
5am wake up call friday june 2nd ...........CARPET in all I have left is to bolt seats down, assemble shifter and console and enjoy at Dakota Illinois Car Show Swap meet

Reactions: Bub
OP
Limey

Limey

Addict
Reaction score
Well Got er done and made it to Car Show Was very Pleased to hear all the positive things about Car today .... Old timer with a an Original 68 Malibu parked next to me and he Chewed my ear off He was a Very Nice retired older Gent He was original owner to the 1968.... Had a great Time

OP
Limey

Limey

Addict
Reaction score
GOT SOME ORGINAL COLOR BACK ON OL GIRL yayyyyy SE looks so different with the black hood gone BUT In a good way

OP
Limey

Limey

Addict
Reaction score
Not to bad of a result from spray cans it's enamel paint so no clear needed unless I want it so my paint neighbor says

OP
Limey

Limey

Addict
Reaction score
Finally able to get the 3.08 rear ready cor the transplant all I have to don't I it is new brake lines Thank You Joe73 the cover is perfect for it, also have the boxed control arms that a member here makes ready and waiting with the impala SS sway bar

OP
Limey

Limey

Addict
Reaction score
Little touches LOL Putting laguna panels on to give it some added touch to make mine and the SE dash plaque I had made

[/url

OP
Limey

Limey

Addict
Reaction score
Well after a lenghty Illness and even longer waiting Its finally gonna be Reunited with its twin FINALLY Scheduled for Monday Arrival woot woot

OP
Limey

Limey

Addict
Reaction score
Just owners Projects and Mine LOL That trunk though oh my only one hole size of a quarter in trunk you would never know this sat in the grass for decades by looking at it

OP
Limey

Limey

Addict
Reaction score
So Rods /pistons I got taken on for the 396 Build so started to look again and for what the next set of rods pistons were gonna cost I got the 100% complete 454 from this Motorhome, Hopefully by Sunday will be out

OP
Limey

Limey

Addict
Reaction score
Well the Nightmare is Finally over I have liberated the Motorhome 454 and transmission I WOULD NEVER RECOMEMNED this LMAO

OP
Limey

Limey

Addict
Reaction score
Well the 454 is on the stand ready to dive into it YAYYY I don't want to do this again so hopefully all the internals will hold up Only thing I am re using is the Block, Crank, Rods, Pistons everything else will be switched out

OP
Limey

Limey

Addict
Reaction score
Ok Now that I am NOT burnt out on Pulling the 454 from its hull anymore man that sucked I am gonna start tearing into this I scored these covers from a friend and cleaned them up and what a difference over the chrome they make I love them a lot better

[/url]

OP
Limey

Limey

Addict
Reaction score
I got these on the way to replace the Tonawanda engine I like it better .

OP
Limey

Limey

Addict
Reaction score
Heads are back and ready to rock Have to get cam kit and gaskets and can open it up and see what I have

OP
Limey

Limey

Addict
Reaction score
Ok so sold the stock 454 heads from 1987 to a guy unexpectedly didn't think they would sell so fast LOL ..... so had to come apart sooner than expected actually doesn't look half bad will drain remainder of oil in it and flip her over and check bearings any idea on piston cc foe this year dont want to take to shop JUST for that ? Doing the build at home as much as I can .... Put heads on so they wont get warpped after getting done just snugged them up

OP
Limey

Limey

Addict
Reaction score
The other Cam Had 527/553 Lift and was at the extreme limit for stock pistons Had picture proof of the damage BUT Like mentioned he changed his Valves to a larger size BUT all in all this is still WAYYYYYYY bettter than the stock size was

OP
Limey

Limey

Addict
Reaction score
Update: Motor is apart Cam was well Tired to say the least BUT for a 67 thousand Mile Motor home motor, Cam was not really all that bad (NO Not reusing) anyhow its dissembled Have to pull cam bearings for sure Will check crank and main when I pull a cap or two off in next few days and Some one asked about the Oil pan difference I dont remember who BUT took a side by side to show difference from RV to car pan

Also with the balancer I am looking to replace it because of the grommet cracking and coming out of the groove so have been advised to R/R it But replacement one is different it only has two drilled Holes in it instead of 3 in my mine and weighs 15.25 (new one) I haven't weighed mine yet the second one BOTH SAY direct replacement and the Second one weighs 15.40 pounds.

Anyways Enjoy pictures Cant wait to get this Back together WOOT WOOT

OP
Limey

Limey

Addict
Reaction score
fiance Got me belated Birthday gift, I think the Black label will tie the Black on Valve covers nicely I wanted a black one BUT not in the budget right now and for a Birthday gift you don't complain, I kinda like it more than I thought I would (I already had the decals in advance of air cleaner)

zenriddles

The Swamp won. :-(
Reaction score
Cam looks fine for now. Balancer is a question mark.

I am curious as to the windage clearance of the oil pan. Old one ugly and deep. New one pretty and shallow.

OP
Limey

Limey

Addict
Reaction score
Cam looks fine for now. Balancer is a question mark.

I am curious as to the windage clearance of the oil pan. Old one ugly and deep. New one pretty and shallow.
Old Pan is from the RV and why so Deep new pan is Car Pan to fit my Chevelle

1quick

TCG Elite Member
Donating Member
Reaction score
I’m sure your always on the lookout for parts and what not, if you come across a 74 in good shape that’s not donked out shoot me a massage my first car was a 72 light blue 2 door with a white vinyl top, I wrecked it but have always wanted another

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom