1972 AMC Gremlin

TinMan

Regular
Feb 22, 2010
Lockport
I'm getting between 15-17 mpg in the Scout, and that's driving at 55-60mph almost all highway driving. It needs more gears before it needs more motor. I run out of gears at 50 mph and then it just gets loud. lol

If I had a nice big V8 I would want to put it in the Scout though and make a disturbingly odd gasser out of it. The Gremlin is nice with a six, and it should be a little bit of a sleeper once the 4.0L is done being built and put in it. It will look relatively stock to anyone who doesn't know AMCs or Jeeps.

Oh yeah, and the Gremlin with a 1bbl Carter carb and the stock 258 cid gets 18 mpg if I'm driving it for fun, 21-23 mpg if I'm driving it fuel economy xD

TinMan

Regular
Feb 22, 2010
Lockport
Haha, I could too!
For now I'm leaving it alone for the most part though. Only 77k miles on it and those engines go 200-300k with regular maintenance. If I ever run into any issues it's not hard to find another 258 to swap into it, but if I ever do a motor upgrade, I'm planning on a Cummins diesel 4bt for better power and fuel economy. This summer I'll be driving my Gremlin so I'll be working on the Scout since it will be off the road. Right now I'm just planning on replacing the body mounts, some rust spots, and the upholstery. I want to sew my own black vinyl upholstery in a diamond pattern, if I do that then I'll paint up the inside of the truck to match somewhat. At least get rid of all the gross brown.

Other than machine work I try to do everything myself. I'm cheap and it builds character.

Runtz52

Runs like a turtle with downs syndrome
Oct 7, 2008
Manhattan
scout plan:

IMG_0806.jpg

IMG_0809.jpg

:hsugh:

Thread Info