1966 Chevelle-making it my own. From stock 283/powerglide to LS3/4L80e and full restoration.

daturbosix

HNIC @ GoodFellas Garage
TCG Sponsor
Mar 2, 2008
Aurora
Real Name
Jeff
:nice:

need a picture with bumperettes even though my brain is telling me no

081104a_op_720x424.jpg

Reactions: Gav'sPurpleZ

Great White Drake

You used to call me on my cell phone
Jun 23, 2010
Little update. Rear floor wasn’t bad, but it wasn’t in correctly plus the floor brace between the front and rear floor was actually a little soft so I’m replacing both while it’s in there. After this it’s ready for body/paint. Rest of floors/trunk/wheel houses etc look great.

93608932-B402-4752-A813-B8BBCEDC210F.jpeg

Great White Drake

You used to call me on my cell phone
Jun 23, 2010
I have never seen it done with a body saw. o_O

Usually it's done before the filler has hardened, I usually do it with a stir stick with 2 razor blades taped on each side.

Looks like it's coming along nicely!

thank you for chiming in because you actually know what you’re looking at. Should be ready for paint in 3 weeks. I want to learn bodywork now.

cap42

Restoration Hell
Mar 22, 2005
Bolingbrook IL
thank you for chiming in because you actually know what you’re looking at. Should be ready for paint in 3 weeks. I want to learn bodywork now.

Learning it is the easy part, doing it is a lot more work. So becareful what you wish for!

If you want to learn I have plenty of work on my shitbox :bowrofl:

Reactions: The Beast

cap42

Restoration Hell
Mar 22, 2005
Bolingbrook IL
I mean, if you’re serious I’m in. The guys working in my car would teach me but obviously I’m at work while they’re doing work.

There is a lot to body work so what area are you looking to learn? Just how to prep for paint? How to do metal finish, how to apply filler and block the panels smooth?

In all seriousness, I learned from a custom car/bike painter and it felt like the karate kid. I sanded everything he needed for months, he would show me a few tips on sanding and then tell me to block that car, wetsand that tank/fender blah blah blah. I learned quite a few things looking back on it but I mostly learned how sore you get sanding a single thing for days on end. (n) Body work is not a fun thing, it is boring and tedious. If you really want to join me when I get to that stage, anyone and everyone is welcome.

Thread Info