1966 Chevelle-making it my own. From stock 283/powerglide to LS3/4L80e and full restoration.

Great White Drake

You used to call me on my cell phone
Jun 23, 2010
So I’m entered in a race at 41 this Saturday and I fit all the rules perfectly except for full exhaust. Just had tailpipes put on. I’m in love, it’s way quieter inside.

46B8AA4E-142C-4316-9D95-5D01DFC551E9.jpeg

Great White Drake

Jun 23, 2010
nice move on 2-1/2"..i did 3" straight out back with Flowmaster 40...still loud as fuck inside/outside....but sounded nice,but with "drone" effect though

View attachment 66054
Lol I wanted 3” mandrel bent but with my time crunch to get it done before Saturday nobody local could bend pipe that big. Not one bend in my exhaust is mandrel bent from the headers and I really wonder how much, if any, hp I’m losing.

Great White Drake

Jun 23, 2010
nice work, Phil! i could only imagine your excitement and school-girl giggle all evening.... :love:
It was not without drama I can tell you that. Got a bye first round and the car wouldn’t start. After trying 8 times I realize I accidentally kicked the wire coming off the stock fuse panel for the computer. Then grumbling that I had an LS but track manager straightened that out quick. Rules state make of engine must match make of car. Well, Chevy makes both so wtf.

Reactions: Yaj Yak

Great White Drake

Jun 23, 2010
Little update since it’s been awhile. I was having a hot start issue shortly after moving the battery to the trunk. Ran a ground off the block directly to battery and it helped a little but still sucked. Moved the ground for the fuel pump (was on the frame) to the battery and had great success. Starts up great now.

Also changing the front springs to something a bit stiffer. Went from 350lb 10” to 450lb 10”. The older ones must’ve settled because I was about 3/4 of the way up on the front coil overs and I wasn’t comfortable with them up that high on the shock. Only weight added was a steel hood from ‘glass.

I also won a burnout contest on Instagram so that’s cool. Getting a “prize pack” shipped out later this week.
28962F13-C16E-44A6-B16A-48C6887D5544.jpeg

Thread Info