1962 Chevy Bicsayne

$5,800 o.b.o.
my.php

Up for sale is my 1962 Cheverlet Biscayne. For those of you not fimiliar with this model, it is built on the same platform as an IMPALA or a BELAIR BEL AIR. The exterior of this car is in wonderful condition with a newer paint job which looks fantastic. It is a GM color called Torch Red. The body on this car is very straight and paint is very shiny. The engine is a rebuilt 327 small block chevy which runs like a champ. Engine is not original and is from the 60's. The trans is a TH350 3 speed auto and shifts very smooth, has a shift kit and will churp the tires when throttle is mashed to the floor. The exhaust has some old school glass pack type mufflers and sounds great, quiet at idle and midrange, but nice and loud when reved up. The brakes are 4 wheel manual drums, but the whole brake system has been rebuilt and really stops great. The car has manual steering, but is very easy to drive once over 5 mph, all it needs is a power steering pump and the rest of the power steering could be hooked up and working. The car starts right up, and runs and drives like a dream. The interior is in need of some work. The seats are torn and carpet and other panels could use some work, but some seat covers, some spray can die, and new carpet could be done for pretty cheap and look great. I do have some nice seat covers included with the car to hide the rips. The floor of the trunk is rusty and could use a replacment, which can be found in several restoration catalougs, but the rest of the underneath of the car is in great shape. This car is really a head turner and great looking. Needs some work to make it complete, but is a very good drivable car to cruise and work on. Winter is coming and is a great time to finish this project. I just don't have the time anymore, or the room, and have too many other projects going on right now. I hate to get rid of it but have to. I am asking $5800 for it, but open to realistic cash offers, please, don't email me with a rediculous low ball offer, if you are really interested, leave me your number and we could set up a time for you to come look at it. I am located in Des Plaines, IL. I would only like to sell this car locally, which means I will not ship this car, come see it, drive it, pay cash, and it's yours. You can email me at [email protected] if you have any other questions. Thank you for looking!!!!

cobrasnake302

Regular
Apr 16, 2005
I'll try to get some pics tomorrow of the interior and engine bay. I did some clean up on the interior and put some seat covers on, it looks presentable inside. I am negotiable on the price. I just took it for a cruise tonight and everyone was staring at it, a real head turner. I have lowered my asking price to $5,000, I think it is worth every penny for a great driving and great looking car.
email me at [email protected] with a phone number if you want to come take a look at it.

Thread Info

• cobrasnake302
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list