NWI
giphy.gif

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
TCG Premium
Nov 20, 2008
NWI
What a totally shocking review.

I thought on it all morning and that is the gif that most represents my true feelings.

The movie is literally just 'meh'...

Yes, the filming is second to none, pretty awesome. Great effects... But the entire time I was just waiting.... And waiting...... And waiting..... Like nothing special at all....

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
Finally watched this movie tonight. I have no explanation for why I've waited this long. I've had the 4K bluray for a long time now and as an absolute nerd of long takes, I should have been all over this movie the minute it was out. But all that aside, wow. What a phenomenal movie. Especially in 4k w/ Atmos. This isnt the first movie to use a continuous take format, but to do it on the scale they did in this movie. wow. I'm watching the making of bonus feature right now and it still blows my mind they were able to pull this off. yeah, there is not a ton of action in this movie, but my eyes were glued to the screen the whole time.

DEEZUZ DEEZUZ care to re-evaluate this movie? :LOL:

Reactions: Jon01

VenomousDSG

Don't Tread On Me
TCG Premium
Apr 30, 2006
Yorkville, il
I saw this when it originally came out on blu ray, thought it was very good. Not really talked about or marketed as much as other well known war movies like Saving Private Ryan or Full Metal Jacket, but it definitely was original and held its own.

Great cinematography as well, the scenery was an A++++, they put a crazy amount of effort and detail in a lot of the shots.

Reactions: IDAFC21
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info