18 F150 work truck

Jeffs FRC

Reaction score
Finally picked up my fleet ordered 2018 F150 a couple weeks ago. It's a supercab STX 5.0 4x4. Truck felt pretty lazy the first few hundred miles, but it seems like the trans really learns how you like to drive because it's come alive. Has the standard 3.31 gears and I'm only getting about 17.5 mpgs, but I've heard they improve a lot after a couple thousand miles. We'll see...

DEEZUZ

Escrow shortage crew
Donating Member
Reaction score
Very nice. What in the world kinda work truck is a nice ass 5.0 like that?

1quick

Donating Member
Reaction score
Sport mode makes it feel a lot less lazy but it hangs gears a lot, and e85 makes a pretty big difference, congrats on the new truck

Jeffs FRC

Reaction score
Very nice. What in the world kinda work truck is a nice ass 5.0 like that?
Lol thanks but it's really just an F150 XL with the STX package that makes it not so base model sucky. And I'm more of an office worker these days so when I use the term work truck, it's loosely...

Also this is a company vehicle that they let me order to my specs so no monies out my pocket!
Sport mode makes it feel a lot less lazy but it hangs gears a lot, and e85 makes a pretty big difference, congrats on the new truck
I tried one pull in Sport mode the other day and it was pretty good. Thing pulls hard for a big ass truck.

ilikemtb999

I eat dirt
Donating Member
Reaction score
The 5.0 sounds great even in stock form. Will they pay for mods....errr maintenance?

greasy

LTTR BOX
Donating Member
Reaction score
Lol, guys I'm not modding my work truck! I did get the windows tinted...

The thought did cross my mind when I got my 2015 5.0, but then better judgement came over me. 🤣🤣🤣

I thought if I blew the motor how would I explain it to my company. Truck looks great though, it is great you got to pick out the color.

Jeffs FRC

Reaction score
The thought did cross my mind when I got my 2015 5.0, but then better judgement came over me. 🤣🤣🤣

I thought if I blew the motor how would I explain it to my company. Truck looks great though, it is great you got to pick out the color.
That's actually the one thing my GM wouldn't let me pick. Said it had to be white, which is ok because I like white.

Until last year, I had my own personal F150 that I bought new...a 2013 F150 FX4 Scab that was white, with a 5.0. So almost the same truck! lol

greasy

LTTR BOX
Donating Member
Reaction score
That's actually the one thing my GM wouldn't let me pick. Said it had to be white, which is ok because I like white.

Until last year, I had my own personal F150 that I bought new...a 2013 F150 FX4 Scab that was white, with a 5.0. So almost the same truck! lol

I was angling to pick white or silver on mine and then our fleet manager said it had to be black. I wasn’t going to argue, it is a very nice truck.

Jeffs FRC

Reaction score
Chrome sucks! Ordered some factory badges from Tasca on the cheap, dremeled them apart, and painted the chrome bits Oxford White.

Jeffs FRC

Reaction score
Damm dude that looks sharp!
Thanks man. Really pretty simple and the results are great. Much better looking than Plastidipping them...lol

It is time consuming though. After dinner I need to epoxy them back together and then tomorrow re apply some 3M emblem tape. Then getting the existing ones off and removing all the tape will be fun...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom