Drag to reposition cover

OP
L

lastls1

Reaction score
The only thing I will have to get used to is the 1 screen in the car. It will be different at first, and I will admit on the test drive I missed it a bit and found myself looking down for my speed and then having to look over a bit to the right. Beyond that bit, the seats felt great, the overall interior was very nice. It was simple, but it felt done correctly. Definitely not something that sells well via photos, but sells much better in person.

Mook

El Presidente
Admin
Reaction score
So whats the difference this and the 3? Explain the Y to me.

OP
L

lastls1

Reaction score
So whats the difference this and the 3? Explain the Y to me.
Literally a model 3 but magnified 40% on a copy machine. Lol the body is changed slightly in the front and rear. But it shares most components with the 3.

Gets about 320 miles of range to a charge. Really impressive. Also fuck it’s fast. It really throws you for a loop because it’s an suv, and then boom it plants you in your seat.

Faster than my S I’m pretty sure

OP
L

lastls1

Reaction score
Thread will be updated once I take delivery in a few weeks with photos

N20GT

Plz place 3,000 kudos here. kthx
Reaction score
Sick looking SUV. I like the rear quarters, reminds me of an X6

Bru

Super Moderator
Donating Member
Reaction score

SpeedSpeak2me

Donating Member
Reaction score
Congrats!

Can you adjust the wiper speed using the stalk, or do you have to use the stalk to turn on, then the touchscreen to go from slow/fast? Also, what kind of "real world" mileage are they getting in comparison to what the are rated at? Granted I know some conditions will affect that (cold vs hot, etc).

tinfoilhat

TCG Conspiracy Lead Investigator
Donating Member
Reaction score
Congrats!

Can you adjust the wiper speed using the stalk, or do you have to use the stalk to turn on, then the touchscreen to go from slow/fast? Also, what kind of "real world" mileage are they getting in comparison to what the are rated at? Granted I know some conditions will affect that (cold vs hot, etc).
Germany just banned Tesla's touch wipers :rofl:

OP
L

lastls1

Reaction score
Congrats!

As far as I know it’s only on the touch screen. It’s 1 button that’s always there. Click it and they turn on. Pretty simple, it’s always in the same spot just like a stalk. No idea how that German dude had an issue. It’s quite literally 1 button push.

As far as mileage I cannot comment in personal experience yet. But real world test showed 70-75 mph on the highway with normal comforts on yielded 275 miles of range. However this was a performance model y I saw which is already rated slightly less due to 21 inch rims.

So I would say anything between 270-300 miles is accurate.

SpeedSpeak2me

Donating Member
Reaction score
Germany just banned Tesla's touch wipers :rofl:
Did they ban them though? I know there was a court case where the driver was ticketed for using an electronic device while driving and had an accident, and they protested it was integral to the function of the vehicle, so the judge threw out the ticket. IIRC he was trying to change from slow to fast in deteriorating conditions.

tinfoilhat

Donating Member
Reaction score
Did they ban them though? I know there was a court case where the driver was ticketed for using an electronic device while driving and had an accident, and they protested it was integral to the function of the vehicle, so the judge threw out the ticket. IIRC he was trying to change from slow to fast in deteriorating conditions.

OP
L

lastls1

Reaction score
My thing is if he crashed changing the radio on a normal car with a touch screen would that be banned? The rear ac controls on the wife’s suv are done via the touch screen.... so would that suddenly be banned?

It’s a fluke and they had a knee jerk reaction to it. It was dumb

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
Reaction score
Touch screens are nice for some things. But honestly. Tactile buttons RULE for anything that takes your attention away from the road. A rotary knob for volume is king.

Talks on the column, or buttons on the wheel are honestly best if you can memorize and learn them. That way you don't think you just touch.

tinfoilhat

Donating Member
Reaction score
My thing is if he crashed changing the radio on a normal car with a touch screen would that be banned? The rear ac controls on the wife’s suv are done via the touch screen.... so would that suddenly be banned?

It’s a fluke and they had a knee jerk reaction to it. It was dumb
I agree, but I also think touchscreens are horrible for interacting with systems while operating a vehicle.

Now if they were fully automated cars, then that wouldn't matter and that is what Tesla is going for but I still think tactile buttons are much better if a human is controlling the vehicle.

MikeyLikesIt

2019 F150 Platinum
Reaction score
Congrats! Very jealous. Great combo and I would order the same thing. How did you get one so quickly? Did they have it in stock? I thought it was 4 - 8 weeks right now.

Stink Star Productions

Don’t Drive Angry!
Reaction score
So the wipers on the 3/Y work via the touch screen on a dedicated tab below the speedo. The default setting is auto and having owned 2 other cars with auto wipers it is easily the best auto wipers I’ve used. I literally haven’t had to use the onscreen wiper controls ever with the exception of turning them off for a car wash.

on the end of the turn signal stalk there is a button. A soft press on it will give you the “1 wipe” function if you just need to clear a few drops and a harder press and hold will give you the washer fluid spray and 3 wipe function.

like I said the auto wipers are honestly so good I see the whole thing as a non issue. If they didn’t work so well I’d say it was a mild pain in the ass But it’s simply not the case.

the other interesting thing about how Teslas work is that say, in Germany they can reprogram the car to make it where a double tap or a 3 second press on the turn signal stalk button can be configured to turn the wipers on and off, thereby fixing whatever regulatory issues they may have. I’d love to see any other company even have the ability to do that let alone making it actually happen.

OP
L

lastls1

Reaction score
Congrats! Very jealous. Great combo and I would order the same thing. How did you get one so quickly? Did they have it in stock? I thought it was 4 - 8 weeks right now.
I ordered mine. The photo was just so everyone could see the color and rim combo I got. 4-6 weeks the guy said right now

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom