12 Dead, Mass Shooting So Cal

greasy

LTTR BOX
Donating Member
Reaction score
Officer among 12 killed in mass shooting at bar in Thousand Oaks, California

At least 12 people were killed and perhaps a dozen others injured late Wednesday at a packed Southern California bar when a gunman dressed in black burst in, tossed smoke grenades and fired off dozens of rounds, witnesses and authorities said.

The suspect is dead inside the bar, police said. Authorities are working to determine who the suspect is and what his motive may have been. The suspect was dead when police entered the bar.

A sheriff's deputy was among the dozen killed, according to the Ventura County Sheriff's Department. The officer died at a hospital after he was fired on multiple times arriving on scene.

Initial reports from officers from the Ventura County Sheriff's Department and California Highway Patrol said about 30 shots were fired. Hundreds were inside the bar at the time.
Police said they responded to the Borderline Bar and Grill in Thousand Oaks, California, about 40 miles west of Los Angeles, just before midnight local time after multiple shots were fired.

The gunman used a semi-automatic weapon in the attack, according to the Ventura County Star.

The number of potential victims is unclear, but a witness told ABC Los Angeles station KABC-TV that he saw a security guard get shot, and that the alleged shooter appeared to use "a big handgun" and smoke grenades.

"The gunman was throwing smoke grenades all over the place," a different witness told KABC. "I saw him point to the back of the cash register ... and he just kept firing. I ran out the front door.

"There was probably three or four [shots]. I hit the ground. I look up -- the security guard is dead. Well, I don't want to say he was dead, but he was shot. He was down."

The bar is a country-themed bar known for its large dance floor and live music events, according to its website.

"With over 2,500 square feet of wide open dance floor, Borderline has provided a haven for country line dancing folks of all ages equipped with pool tables," the website said. "Over the years, Borderline has hosted many legendary performances such as The Beach Boys, John Rich, Collin Raye, Mark Chesnutt, Lee Brice, Adam Carolla & Tyler Farr to name a few."

https://www.google.com/amp/s/abcnews.go.com/amp/US/multiple-people-injured-reported-mass-shooting-california-bar/story?id=59050130

Shawn1112

Donating Member
Reaction score
Heard on the news this morning either some of the victims or just people at the bar were survivors of the Vegas mass shooting. They also said the guy looked Middle Eastern

BADAZZTEALCOBRA

Donating Member
Reaction score
RIP to the victims.

Holding any further judgement until we hear more.

Do wish the media would give the perpetrators of these crimes ZERO air-time. Call them "the shooter" or something equally lame, don't put up their picture, don't give their names, nothing.

rdsnake

formerly RD SNAKE
Reaction score
Heard on CNN this morning " The deadliest mass shooting, in 11 days".... Really.

BADAZZTEALCOBRA

Donating Member
Reaction score
The need to come up with an actual definition of mass shooting and then put in a ton of funds to do some research on the subject but it must include instances where guns saved lives as well.

Then people will see mass shootings aren't really happening every week, or like I just heads there's one every day.

zenriddles

Molon Labe - come and take them!
Reaction score
Very sad! I thought CA had extreme strict gun laws to prevent this kind of thing?
They do. That is why there were no Good Guys with guns present to stop the Bad Guy quickly.

Glad the shooter is dead. Is best that way. Don't want a trial, don't want to understand them.

blakbearddelite

I'm not one of your 'shit-hole' buddies!
Donating Member
Reaction score
Was it an assault pistol with a bump stock?!?!

It is messed up. I just don't get how someone could murder someone else like that.

BADAZZTEALCOBRA

Donating Member
Reaction score
Perp was a former marine, served in Afghanistan, and had mental health issues in his background.

Gun used was a Glock 21 .45 caliber with an extended magazine.

Once again, multiple brushes with law enforcement recently, where they also verified they thought he had PTSD issues.

I'm not going to say his name but here's some information if anyone cares or wants to read it.

https://heavy.com/news/2018/11/ian-long/

ragingclue

Donating Member
Reaction score
Other witnesses described it as a “submachine gun” or “Uzi”
Jesus fucking Christ.

RIP to the victims... so indiscriminant....

If he had had that history of mental health issues and violence, why was he still legally in possession of a firearm? Asking because I really don't know what protocol is in that sort of case.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom