12.6 1/4 in the 17 Fusion Sport

01Cobra

Johnny Cobra
May 3, 2006
Would rather be running my Cobra but it was fun to see what the daily would do.

2B771B1A-ADAA-40DA-A99E-28ADFC36DF30_zpsqyhfwalj.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=https://youtu.be/aWX4dRU-GKA

Reactions: IZZy

01Cobra

Johnny Cobra
May 3, 2006
Can you speculate what it runs on regular 93? I like the idea of one of these as a daily with a tune. What kind of mpg do you see in regular driving and highway trips?

Essentially, I am requesting a full review. :D

On the 93 tune on the stock intercooler it went 13.1 @ 104mph on an 86f day at bryron. I’d wager it’s a certain high 12 with the intercooler now on 93.

19-20mpg in the city. 25ish on Long highway.

Kensington

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 14, 2017
No. 13.7-13.9 seems to be where folks are running stock.

Interesting. I test drove one 6 months or so back, and there just seemed like a ton of torque management in 1st and 2nd gears. It just felt sluggish. Obviously a tune would help that, but was more than a bit disappointed in it, in stock form.

I think I'm going to set my sites on a MKZ 3.0T as my next car...been seeing people in the low 13's high 12's stock.

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
Do the first gens (DI only) have enough injector for E85?

Most of them don't have enough for pure E85 but E30 isn't a problem.

Livernois makes a E85 capable HPFP, but its $1600.

I think we'll see more cars go Dual injection in the future. It even has benefits regarding carbon deposits on the valves!

01Cobra

Johnny Cobra
May 3, 2006
Interesting. I test drove one 6 months or so back, and there just seemed like a ton of torque management in 1st and 2nd gears. It just felt sluggish. Obviously a tune would help that, but was more than a bit disappointed in it, in stock form.

I think I'm going to set my sites on a MKZ 3.0T as my next car...been seeing people in the low 13's high 12's stock.

MKZ is certainly faster but at that price point there are far better choices.

The way the car uses torque management and timing is very dependent on fuel octane. Livernois vastly improved the driveability and Power delivery.

Kensington

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 14, 2017
MKZ is certainly faster but at that price point there are far better choices.

The way the car uses torque management and timing is very dependent on fuel octane. Livernois vastly improved the driveability and Power delivery.

New they are outrageously priced, but they depreciate like a rock...For the transaction price of a new Fusion Sport, you could get an MKZ a year or so old, and get the superior interior and motor.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info