12.6 1/4 in the 17 Fusion Sport

Kensington

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 14, 2017
Most of them don't have enough for pure E85 but E30 isn't a problem.

Livernois makes a E85 capable HPFP, but its $1600.

I think we'll see more cars go Dual injection in the future. It even has benefits regarding carbon deposits on the valves!

Dual injection definitely seems to be the way to go...adds a little complexity, but definitely has serious benefits...there were rumors, years ago, of Ford making a dual injection manifold/kit for the first gen 3.5 EB's, but I found it hard to believe, and obviously, has come to fruition.

Kensington

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 14, 2017

01Cobra

Johnny Cobra
May 3, 2006
Ran the fusion today for CMC drag day saving the Cobra for TCG drag day.

Be nice if they made a turbo upgrade. Need more top end.

image.jpg

01Cobra

Johnny Cobra
May 3, 2006
Very nice :bigthumb: These things are a great bargain at their current prices.
Yeah crazy. John said at best he would offer me some weather techs instead of cash for trade in.

1 owner 17s under 40k miles for less than 20k.
I have a livernois tuned MKZ I’d run against ya for fun whenever I’m back in Chicago. Probably be interesting. Good run, still the 100 tune and intercooler?

Yea same setup. I’m not sure how much the livernois 100 tune actually helps. With just a 93 tune before intercooler I went 13.1. I want to try the 93 tune now with the intercooler and see how it goes.

Kensington

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 14, 2017
Yes sir - haven’t taken it to the track but seems like it should run mid 12s in cool weather. The 93 tune really woke up the 1-2 shift and I think the top end is stronger than the fusion sport.

Super jelly. I’ve been eye fucking those for a couple years now...would love it to commute with, but if I got a job downtown, wouldn’t want that commute with it, just piling on the miles.

01Cobra

Johnny Cobra
May 3, 2006
Yes sir - haven’t taken it to the track but seems like it should run mid 12s in cool weather. The 93 tune really woke up the 1-2 shift and I think the top end is stronger than the fusion sport.
Top end is stronger. Some of the fusion sport guys have started to swap the 3.0 turbos over and have made it to the 12.3-12.4 range.

The MKZ is over 500-700lbs heavier than the Fusion I believe which helps the Fusion move out a lil faster down low.

cacicgtp7

Some Military Dude
Nov 9, 2008
Boston, MA
Real Name
John
Super jelly. I’ve been eye fucking those for a couple years now...would love it to commute with, but if I got a job downtown, wouldn’t want that commute with it, just piling on the miles.

They're cheap now. I turned in my lease we had on a Continental for the MKZ because I wanted something smaller and couldn't believe the prices/depreciation that had hit but that's par for the course on Lincolns.

Top end is stronger. Some of the fusion sport guys have started to swap the 3.0 turbos over and have made it to the 12.3-12.4 range.

The MKZ is over 500-700lbs heavier than the Fusion I believe which helps the Fusion move out a lil faster down low.

Unless I have my info wrong the difference between the two isn't that much. C&D shows the MKZ at around 4300 lbs and the Fusion at 4100 lbs. I would think the 400hq/400tq at the crank is enough to overcome that difference and more. From what I've seen the MKZ normally traps stock about 4-6 mph higher. Some guys on the forums were pulling 13.0s @ 107 without mods. 93 tune supposedly adds around 55hp actual (per livernois dyno) so if I didn't see mid 12's around 110 it would be disappointing.

Pretty slick they can swap the turbos, didn't know that was possible. I know there's a couple other differences between the two like cylinder bore, block material, etc... Pretty easy to get cheap power out of these platforms though.

Reactions: Kensington

Kensington

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 14, 2017

Interesting, how much bigger are the turbos? Are they a pretty easy swap?

AngelWhite_ST

Regular
Jul 20, 2015
Real Name
TJ
Interesting, how much bigger are the turbos? Are they a pretty easy swap?

They are +4mm bigger on the cold side. Hot side is still the same. IIRC, they should be K03 turbo's on the Sport. It's a PITA to mod this car when you're dealing with Downpipes and/or turbo's.

Here is a link to the video from Twin Force Fusion.

I'm on an E30 tune and high flow filter, so I can bet I'm mid-high 12's in the 1/4. I've been wanting a Dragy to verify.

Reactions: 01Cobra

Kensington

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 14, 2017
They are +4mm bigger on the cold side. Hot side is still the same. IIRC, they should be K03 turbo's on the Sport. It's a PITA to mod this car when you're dealing with Downpipes and/or turbo's.

Here is a link to the video from Twin Force Fusion.

I'm on an E30 tune and high flow filter, so I can bet I'm mid-high 12's in the 1/4. I've been wanting a Dragy to verify.

Mook Mook

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info