• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

110 leaded and O2 sensors

JA$ON

ching chong potato
Sep 7, 2004
Ive run leaded 110 all last season when spraying and this year on my high boost tune. I've never had any issues with it. I dont run any cats and havent had to replace my O2 sensors yet, car was easy to tune and is reliable. If I need to change 2 sensors every year to run this gas, I will. Its worth it to me to have plenty of octane, plus its not too hard to find and its only like $5.50/gallon.

Aron

TCG Elite Member
Sep 1, 2005
firstsvt said:
Ive run leaded 110 all last season when spraying and this year on my high boost tune. I've never had any issues with it. I dont run any cats and havent had to replace my O2 sensors yet, car was easy to tune and is reliable. If I need to change 2 sensors every year to run this gas, I will. Its worth it to me to have plenty of octane, plus its not too hard to find and its only like $5.50/gallon.

Notice I said "over time". It could take quite some time, but the lead does leave deposits, which will throw your O2 readings off.

If you really need it, why not get a 55 gallon drum of unleaded? It would probably end up being cheaper anyway.

Mr. Unknown

Oct 26, 2005
firstsvt said:

Is your car a track only or weekend car? It would obviously take more time if it were a track only car.

Aron said:
Notice I said "over time". It could take quite some time, but the lead does leave deposits, which will throw your O2 readings off.

If you really need it, why not get a 55 gallon drum of unleaded? It would probably end up being cheaper anyway.

True

Who's got the hook up?

skyhighsd

auto mofo
Mar 25, 2007
Yes it will clog your 02 senor after awhile and when that happens the senor will cause you to lose power and after awhile it will not run, until you change the sensor. A friend of mine with a GN has to change his out after a few weeks of driving it. If you don't mind changing the sensor once and a while its not really any problem.
By the way you might want to think about the 55 gallons alittle more. That much gas in the garage. Racing gas is to unstable to have that much in your garage. IMO Its like having a bomb that is just waiting to go off. :nono:

Mr. Unknown

Oct 26, 2005
skyhighsd said:
Yes it will clog your 02 senor after awhile and when that happens the senor will cause you to lose power and after awhile it will not run, until you change the sensor. A friend of mine with a GN has to change his out after a few weeks of driving it. If you don't mind changing the sensor once and a while its not really any problem.
By the way you might want to think about the 55 gallons alittle more. That much gas in the garage. Racing gas is to unstable to have that much in your garage. IMO Its like having a bomb that is just waiting to go off. :nono:

i thought higher octane meant better for storing because it would take more to let it loose?

skyhighsd

auto mofo
Mar 25, 2007
If you mean explode as far as let loose? That may be true, but think of the flash point of gas. That is not something that I would be willing to gamble with a garage full of toys. And all of the headaches of a insurance claim if you garage was to explode, its just something to think about.

B

Boost12

I ran leaded Fuel all season last year. I burnt of the Ford o2s the first week and then I put in some Autozone sensors and they lasted me well over a year and never gave me any trouble and I ran nothing but leaded fuel :biggthump

I dont have any O2s in the car now otherwise they would still be in there cranking along im sure :lmao: :lmao:

Woop for Autozone! Not to mention they are half the price

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info