11-14 GT muffler mod

1quick

Donating Member
Reaction score
so I decided to do this rather than buy gt500 mufflers i wanted alittle bit of sound but didnt want to spend 200-300 bucks if it wasnt going to make the car faster, i left the pipe open into the second chamber rather than weld a plate over it, somewhat because im lazy and the sound is going to take the path of least resistance anyway, here is a link to what i did and ill throw a sound clip video up in a little bit when i get it uploaded

Edit- the mod changes the flow of the muffler to be exactly like the gt500 muffler other than it only comes out of one tip

Stock GT muffler mod

TCG Member 5219

Reaction score
Sounds fucking awesome. Also just like the GT500's so you are not missing anything except the 4" tips. But the stock rolled tips are nice as well. Get your self some cat deletes from jegs now for $150 and it will sound money. I got me some deletes with my GT500 mufflers and its awesome. Not a hint of drone. Congrats.

1quick

Donating Member
Reaction score
i have a lethal performance off road H pipe thats been on order for 3 weeks i still dont think its shipped yet :tear:

TCG Member 5219

Reaction score
i have a lethal performance off road H pipe thats been on order for 3 weeks i still dont think its shipped yet :tear:
I'd cancel that and just run the deletes. You already have a H center section on there, then the deletes will remove the cats. Its a great setup until you want to run headers or something.

1quick

Donating Member
Reaction score
i was looking at the stock H and it looks pretty small like maybe 2" or smaller in some places, lethal claims 14whp and its already ordered and paid for so ill probably just wait it out i really wanted it before the 1/2 mile tho

SleeperLS

Desert Racer
Donating Member
Reaction score
Damn. That sucks. I know people talk shit about AM, but their shipping is always quick for me.

1quick

Donating Member
Reaction score
i ordered from AM and lethal on the first got my stuff from AM on the 5th, i think lethal didnt have any of the h pipes made up and it seems like they have an out side vendor making them for them

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Not to drop into this thread... but what are the stock mufflers worth? I still have a set from the '11.

Sounds great though man! Nice work! :bigthumb:

TCG Member 5219

Reaction score
11/12 mufflers are worth scrap. The 13/14 ones make more noise stock but are still only worth like $50. I'd just scrap them at that place in crystal lake.

TCG Member 5219

Reaction score
Oh and I refuse to order from am. The best place to get parts from is lmr late model restoration. Or for oem it's tousley ford parts. They do 5% over cost.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom