Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Is it crazy though, maybe I'm wrong, but I thought that whatever water is on earth or in atmosphere is the same amount at all times. Like you can't destroy any or make any more.

So if that's correct how in the hell can massive floods just happen like this.
....if it rains a shitton and fills up lakes, rivers, whatever...the water has to go someplace.

v6buicks

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 22, 2018
Franklin, IN
Real Name
Jon
Is it crazy though, maybe I'm wrong, but I thought that whatever water is on earth or in atmosphere is the same amount at all times. Like you can't destroy any or make any more.

So if that's correct how in the hell can massive floods just happen like this.
Look at the western US right now. Lake Mead is so low that engineers are supposedly worried about the Hoover Dam collapsing.

P40E

TCG Elite Member
Nov 4, 2012
You can’t stop large bodies of water once they are in motion . A tsunami puts the water in motion . Think of an ocean wave , it doesn’t stop until it hits resistance .

Water also flows to the lowest point of an elevation . In a flood , water that flows downward will only stop until it gets to the lowest elevation . Like off of a hill , it flows downward , unless it’s stopped by a dam or another way .

Reactions: v6buicks
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info