10 Year Car loans

Would you take out a 10 year loan

• Total voters

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake
It really shouldn't boggle your mind though. With 4 kids who do a bunch of sports (think carrying bags around) we wanted a ridiculous amount of space....our Ford Explorer felt crammed. Choices at that point are Expedition Max/Suburban/Navigator/Escalade/etc. We went Expedition Max, and unless you want a low end trim you're not walking out under $712 a month (unless you put a big down payment, but why do that on 0% interest).

Is what it is if you want the space. Told my wife it would have been way cooler to spend basically the same on a new GT500 instead instead of a normie utility car/truck
i'm certainly not evaluating this market but with used cars or vans/wagons or just driving 2 cars, which you are going to own anyway, also seem like reasonable options to consider too. 6 years of a pricey depreciating asset that is making you no money is rough.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
i'm certainly not evaluating this market but with used cars or vans/wagons or just driving 2 cars, which you are going to own anyway, also seem like reasonable options to consider too. 6 years of a pricey depreciating asset that is making you no money is rough.

the current fuel costs in driving two vehicles around beeebopppin everywhere would make it make sense alone

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
To add to that, seeing anything from $400 - $800/mo on a USED car wasn't surprising either. You'd see someone with a new loan on a 4 year old econobox paying $400/mo because the APR was so high.

I mean, if you have a loan on a new car and it's $900/mo that you can write off, ok. But paying that much out of pocket for a personal car, just staggering to me. I'm also a bottom TCG 10%er, so maybe for some a $1000/mo loan is okay?

Reactions: sktchy

sktchy

⚠️🫠
TCG Premium
Jul 27, 2021
To add to that, seeing anything from $400 - $800/mo on a USED car wasn't surprising either. You'd see someone with a new loan on a 4 year old econobox paying $400/mo because the APR was so high.

I mean, if you have a loan on a new car and it's $900/mo that you can write off, ok. But paying that much out of pocket for a personal car, just staggering to me. I'm also a bottom TCG 10%er, so maybe for some a $1000/mo loan is okay?
To be fair even expensing it out you still have to make the payment and it's depreciation you can write off so at a certain point you still lose your ass. (I learned the hard way) this is why the guys with "money" flip trucks every year because they depreciate the whole thing out at once and keep their payments the same rather than stretching it out over time.

Reactions: SpeedSpeak2me

GLADIATOR

aka STROKE-KING
TCG Premium
Mar 29, 2004
New Lenox IL
I would 10 year loan this bad boy
D40D91D4-EE99-46F7-9D00-8EB7A7B6CE67.jpg

Stink Star

Don’t Drive Angry!
TCG Premium
Jan 20, 2008
Big wood cock
I’d pay $1000 a month if it was 0% and it brought me $1000 of enjoyment every month. Sure it’s a depreciating asset, but if you enjoy it, isn’t that what all hobbies are like? Most guys here have enough smarts to buy a cheap car and sell it for more than you bought it but other than making a few thousand bucks it sounds like not much fun as something to do as a hobby. Sounds more like a job- which is fine too if that’s what you wanna do. But if you just want a cool ride and enjoy it, who cares how much it is as long as you can afford it

Reactions: sktchy and Yaj Yak

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Conspiracy Lead Investigator
TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber
I’d pay $1000 a month if it was 0% and it brought me $1000 of enjoyment every month. Sure it’s a depreciating asset, but if you enjoy it, isn’t that what all hobbies are like? Most guys here have enough smarts to buy a cheap car and sell it for more than you bought it but other than making a few thousand bucks it sounds like not much fun as something to do as a hobby. Sounds more like a job- which is fine too if that’s what you wanna do. But if you just want a cool ride and enjoy it, who cares how much it is as long as you can afford it
guess its time to go buy that Escalade V

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
If my salary let me afford that, comfortably, yeah I would do it. 1000/mo would yield me about 5 minutes of pleasure, which is 4 minutes longer than normal (not including the crying or begging).

sktchy

⚠️🫠
TCG Premium
Jul 27, 2021
1000 a month parts budget thooooo?‍♂️

v6buicks

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 22, 2018
Franklin, IN
Real Name
Jon
Yeah, no. I love cars, but there is no such thing as a car that gives me $1000 worth of pleasure every month. The closest I've ever come to that were cars which cost me less than $5000 TOTAL. Even when my house is completely paid off and I'm retired, I'd still rather pay $1000/mo on a vacation property, plane tickets, or tinkering with the junk I already have. If I still don't have my "dream car" before I die then it's really no harm to my soul. That's why I hang out with other car guys who let me ride in and work on their shit.

v6buicks

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 22, 2018
Franklin, IN
Real Name
Jon
I wish I could get financing for the 88 LeSabre t-type.... I'd pay over $700 a month for it
You can. The APR is just outrageous. I almost took a Discover loan out at 12% for an '87 Regal T. I'm so glad my parents freaked the fuck out and pulled some strings to loan me the money instead.

But don't mind any of that shit because that car is meant for you. Just please promise you'll take those dumbass REAR slicks off of it. :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: sktchy

Thread Info