sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake
FRED series on average car loan lengths:

fredgraph.png

average amount financed:

fredgraph.png

72 month rate; but does not take into account recent fed moves, as it only goes up to february:

fredgraph.png

per

average new car payment is $712/mo for june. boggles my mind. i don't want to spend this as a car person, so i am floored normies who treat cars as utilities sign up for this.

v6buicks

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 22, 2018
Franklin, IN
Real Name
Jon
Call me lame, boring, and poor, but there's no way in hell I'm signing up for $712/mo on a car for even 5 years. Unless the bitch is nuclear powered with unobtanium tires and I literally have to do nothing to it for 20 years except turn the fucking key and drive, that car better be big enough to cook, sleep, and shit in comfortably. $712 is an Indiana mortgage payment.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
FRED series on average car loan lengths:

fredgraph.png

average amount financed:

fredgraph.png

72 month rate; but does not take into account recent fed moves, as it only goes up to february:

fredgraph.png

per

average new car payment is $712/mo for june. boggles my mind. i don't want to spend this as a car person, so i am floored normies who treat cars as utilities sign up for this.

just think 'bout every new soccer mom fullsize suv you pass being close to 100k or over

Heart Attack Fred Sanford GIF

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
JK
Call me lame, boring, and poor, but there's no way in hell I'm signing up for $712/mo on a car for even 5 years. Unless the bitch is nuclear powered with unobtanium tires and I literally have to do nothing to it for 20 years except turn the fucking key and drive, that car better be big enough to cook, sleep, and shit in comfortably. $712 is an Indiana mortgage payment.
But then you’re in Indiana

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
HVAC Guy
Aug 28, 2007
Homer Glen
Not only $700 something a month but multiple new cars at the house at once with that same payment.

I could stomach a new pickup at that price if I had a legit need to tow/haul on a regular enough basis. I’d also be keeping the thing for its entire useful life.

Chet Donnelly

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 19, 2004

It really shouldn't boggle your mind though. With 4 kids who do a bunch of sports (think carrying bags around) we wanted a ridiculous amount of space....our Ford Explorer felt crammed. Choices at that point are Expedition Max/Suburban/Navigator/Escalade/etc. We went Expedition Max, and unless you want a low end trim you're not walking out under $712 a month (unless you put a big down payment, but why do that on 0% interest).

Is what it is if you want the space. Told my wife it would have been way cooler to spend basically the same on a new GT500 instead instead of a normie utility car/truck

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
It really shouldn't boggle your mind though. With 4 kids who do a bunch of sports (think carrying bags around) we wanted a ridiculous amount of space....our Ford Explorer felt crammed. Choices at that point are Expedition Max/Suburban/Navigator/Escalade/etc. We went Expedition Max, and unless you want a low end trim you're not walking out under $712 a month (unless you put a big down payment, but why do that on 0% interest).

Is what it is if you want the space. Told my wife it would have been way cooler to spend basically the same on a new GT500 instead instead of a normie utility car/truck

toss a rear facing car seat or two into the mix and you need a schoolbus.

GLADIATOR

aka STROKE-KING
TCG Premium
Mar 29, 2004
New Lenox IL
But would you do 10 years for a bad ass ride?

v6buicks

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 22, 2018
Franklin, IN
Real Name
Jon
But then you’re in Indiana
Stop reminding me.
1657197262653.png

But would you do 10 years for a bad ass ride?
At 0 interest? Sure! On a realistic loan, absolutely not. However, my idea of a badass ride is not the same as the majority of the people in here. My dream cars are not being sold at dealerships.

Reactions: sktchy

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363

unless you go van... but not many people wish to go down that path, albeit they typically make the most sense.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Conspiracy Lead Investigator
TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber
oh used buses can be cheap af

it's teh whole maintaining em/storing em/driving em/mpg

plenty of space for the kids. even has a lift for when you need to move that fridge. :rofl:

and a warranty

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363

Thread Info