Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
We here at TCG pay cash for our supercars
Pay? I thought we all raced other chumps and just took their cars and the respect.

At the end of the day, if you want to take a 10 year loan out for a car, RV, truck, boat, then do it. I get you were trying to create conversation, but you gotta know the crowd you are talking to. Everyone here has Ukrainian wives in their bed, which is stuffed with the finest of $100 bills, Russian tanks parked next to their supercars and bro diesels, and know how to play, manage, and run sporting organizations better than the people who do it for a living. Ohh and they complain about the price of their Nicor bill due to heating their mansions in Barrington. :rofl:

Im being sarcastic here, but I think you get the point.

The Beast

TCG Elite Member
May 24, 2004
South beach
Real Name
Go Go
Pay? I thought we all raced other chumps and just took their cars and the respect.

At the end of the day, if you want to take a 10 year loan out for a car, RV, truck, boat, then do it. I get you were trying to create conversation, but you gotta know the crowd you are talking to. Everyone here has Ukrainian wives in their bed, which is stuffed with the finest of $100 bills, Russian tanks parked next to their supercars and bro diesels, and know how to play, manage, and run sporting organizations better than the people who do it for a living. Ohh and they complain about the price of their Nicor bill due to heating their mansions in Barrington. :rofl:

Im being sarcastic here, but I think you get the point.

Don’t forget professional home and automobile buyers

Morepower4me

Perma Newb
May 22, 2014
Elgin
Late to the party but this is a really interesting convo (& stuff I think about all the time.)

I think the trick with these is that its for people who KNOW they aren't keeping it 10 years because they are serial flippers, and need a low payment to justify the fun. I'll give you an example.

When I bought my Wrangler 392, I paid $5k over so it was ~79k sticker + 5k = ~84k.
Ive had it exactly 6 months, put on 5k miles, and am bored (because I have serious mental health problems related to cars & my continued happiness with them...)

I've been shopping around for a dealer to buy it from me, and the highest dealer offer I've received is $82,500

That means my effective cost has been $450/mo in depreciation.

If I'd taken a 60mo loan at 3% may payment would be $1,510/mo & about 200/mo of that would have been interest.
If I'd taken a 120mo loan at 5% may payment would be $890/mo & about 340/mo of that would have been interest.

So assuming I did the 120/mo loan, I'd have an additional 140/mo of depreciation (x 6 = $840) - and for that extra cost, I nearly halved my payment.
For those 6mo, I was fucking around with a new ~$85k car for about $800/mo

I can justify ~$890/mo for an extra/fun car but can't justify $1510/mo for an extra fun car. For me the small extra $ in interest is meaningless because I know I'm not keeping it 10 years.

I've not had a loan longer than 84mo, but wouldn't hesitate to go for a longer one if the rates were reasonable, and it was easy (like at the dealership/credit union)

Mr_Roboto

Doing the jobs nobody wants to
TCG Premium
Feb 4, 2012
Nashotah, Wisconsin (AKA not Illinois)
You guys do what you have to do as many are in the hamster wheel of car payments for the majority of their working lives.

Adam Devine Drinking GIF by A Little Late With Lilly Singh

Gotta say if the Escalade wasn't being a fucking unreliable POS I would still be driving it. I still have our 2013 Cruze that is at something like 165k and probably will for as long as it goes reliability under its own power. Other shit I want in life.......

Thread Info