10-2-2012 Fox news - Taurus SHO Inteceptor

zenriddles

Molon Labe - come and take them!
Reaction score
Fox news SHO'd a clip of the new Interceptors and spoke of doing a bit on them, just passing the news if some currently on wish to watch it. After tonight, it won't be there.

zenriddles

Reaction score
Nice.

15,000 orders! New shift work in Chicago! Thank you Obama!

Oh. Wait. Ford didn't take the bail out.

Never mind.

Mike K

Forum Sponsor
Reaction score
Meh, this isn't going to go over well. Overcomplicated, heavy, front wheel drive based car doing the same duty the Crown Vics did. At least the economy will be stimulated with all the extra mechanics they'll be hiring!

zenriddles

Reaction score
Meh, this isn't going to go over well. Overcomplicated, heavy, front wheel drive based car doing the same duty the Crown Vics did. At least the economy will be stimulated with all the extra mechanics they'll be hiring!
I was thinking that too. I see more than a fair share of trans problems on the SHO's owned by regular folks. Under police usage I can only see it being worse.

SaturdaysGS

Reaction score
I wonder what Chicago is going to pick to replace the Crown Vic's and if they're gonna sway away from the Tahoes. I'm thinking theyd pick the Caprice..

Pressure Ratio

Donating Member
Reaction score
Top Gear did a comparison of the Dodge, GM and Ford offerings. It was interesting. Seemed like the Ford was the one to beat. Not just by performance standards. But reliability issues would be a big concern. If they are valid.

ilikemtb999

I eat dirt
Donating Member
Reaction score
Crystal lake has a few Taurus's and explorers now. They look badass in all black.

Bru

Super Moderator
Donating Member
Reaction score
I drove a 2013 Interceptor SHO at the Ford proving grounds around a very fast autox course. The Interceptor's body control and grip is much more impressive than the pedestrian SHO - I believe it's lighter too. Even so, the additional police gear blocked the already shitty forward visibility, and it felt even tinier than the SHO already does. Huge on the outside, small on the inside.

Mike K

Forum Sponsor
Reaction score
I drove a 2013 Interceptor SHO at the Ford proving grounds around a very fast autox course. The Interceptor's body control and grip is much more impressive than the pedestrian SHO - I believe it's lighter too. Even so, the additional police gear blocked the already shitty forward visibility, and it felt even tinier than the SHO already does. Huge on the outside, small on the inside.
Hiremeparttimeasawriterkthxbru!

Burtonrider10022

Reaction score
I really want a new Interceptor Utility to DD. Good gas mileage, durable as fuck, AWD, powerful, roomy, just fucking awesome, really.

firemandan1700

Bite my shiny metal ass
Reaction score
One more week and our possie will have 3 new Taurus AWD non turbo PIs
and 3 new 1500 dodge ram crew cab PIs

:naughty:

Ear Rak

Underemployed
Reaction score
Hust, Tx has quite a few caprices and new chargers down here.

Have yet to see an Intercepter/SHO squad car or even the explorer.

Most departments have/had Vic's and phased into an all Tahoe inventory around here.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom