• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

1/4 mile

P40E

TCG Elite Member
Nov 4, 2012
If you are running the stock rims that has to be a lot of weight right there .

And if you have a maurader that is close to 11's in the 1/4 you have at least 450hp . I would think at 5,000rpm your engine would still be pulling like a freight train . I bet the 4.10 would help you . BUt you want a 1/2 second knocked your off e.t. so you're going to have to look elsewhere too , like better tire and weight reduction . Or trans and converter work if you haven't done that already for a good launch .

BUCKWHEAT

Finally 11.927 at 117.25
May 18, 2012
Ladue, Missouri
Who locally can redo the tune? I get the slicks part. MTs perhaps. Last year in cold air the car did run 12.19 at 116 mph. Tune may be timely because I need to pass the non-attainment area smog inspection which involves putting the stock tune back in and then getting enough drive cycles to reset the emissions tests. I need to pass 5 of 6 in MO but I automatically fail one of the 6 for missing 2ndary oxygen sensors.

BUCKWHEAT

Finally 11.927 at 117.25
May 18, 2012
Ladue, Missouri
If you are running the stock rims that has to be a lot of weight right there .

And if you have a maurader that is close to 11's in the 1/4 you have at least 450hp . I would think at 5,000rpm your engine would still be pulling like a freight train . I bet the 4.10 would help you . BUt you want a 1/2 second knocked your off e.t. so you're going to have to look elsewhere too , like better tire and weight reduction . Or trans and converter work if you haven't done that already for a good launch .

Last dyno was 487 rwhp & 494 torque. TC is new OEM. Trans has been beefed. I race with the spare tire & tools removed. My best 60 foot time is a miserable 1.89 sec.

Theautoguy

TCG Elite Member
Nov 10, 2007
Machesney Park, IL
Dr's on 15" rims, an aftermarket TC with the appropriate stall and 4:10's. I dropped more than a tenth in my 60' times going from 28" tall MH-DR's on 17" rims to 30" tall (stock tire size) MT-DR's on 15" rims. A stalled TC should drop it anothe couple tenths on the short end and the the 4:10's may keep you more in the powerband through the traps.

However I do not know the 4.6 DOHC drivetrains so I may be wrong... as I aften am.

Zack

4 Doors 4 Life
Mar 21, 2004
NW Indiana
Last dyno was 487 rwhp & 494 torque. TC is new OEM. Trans has been beefed. I race with the spare tire & tools removed. My best 60 foot time is a miserable 1.89 sec.

I would bet my paycheck you got a great number on the dyno then it was backed off when you rolled out of the shop. It HAPPENS.

The easiest way to go 11's in a Marauder is to put race gas in and add 5* of timing. You will go .5 seconds faster MINIMUM.

I went 11.99 years ago with my Eaton swap. I did the race gas and timing to achieve it.

11's on 93 octane in a 4500lb car is difficult.

RacerX

Regular
Nov 3, 2010
Damn, I'm leaving some on the table then!

st.JPG

Zack

4 Doors 4 Life
Mar 21, 2004
NW Indiana
Damn, I'm leaving some on the table then!

st.JPG

My spark table on 93 octane was 13 at 6500. So I had 18 degrees at 6500 with the added timing.

Anything over 13 degrees and I could hear the faintest of detonation now and again.

21 on race gas is a lot for 100 octane. You may be able to stuff a few more degrees in with the 109, but I strongly suggest listening for detonation on the street, without the helmet on.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info