1/2 Mile participant list

Gone_2022

TCG Elite Member
Sep 4, 2013
I really don't think they want it to rain and honestly it still looks like its going to be spotty like it was last year. Like they have posted on the facebook page, they had to pay for this event long before saturday to rent out the airfield. I am sure they would prefer clear weather as it will drive more business for their next event

Also it appears they are doing there best to help dry the runway if it rains by renting blowers and trying to source a riding vac system or what not.

Glad I didn't pay to sit around an airstrip watching it rain all weekend. They will be making a profit rain or shine

Since both days are sold out I think the other 199 people plus myself are glad you didn't buy a spot either..

Tony thanks for putting these events on for us. Every time you come to town I'll be glad to throw you my money so I can run!!

Gone_2022

TCG Elite Member
Sep 4, 2013
Honestly it was run so well last year that if I wanted to I could have gotten in 10 + passes before it was Noon. Probably more than 10 runs honestly as some people were hot lapping. As of right now it looks like the rain is not scheduled for a chance until 12 noon or so.

If I can get in 4 runs I will be happy.

JDHedman

" The Remote Start Guy "
Jun 5, 2009
Algonquin
Not like Tony can control the weather...
I understand that but a partial refund would be cool. I get they have a lot of expenses that have to be paid regardless if a single car makes a pass but I'm also sure they are making a profit with the 200 spots sold. Maybe at least offer a discount on future events. It just makes me not want to buy a spot gambling on weather

JDHedman

" The Remote Start Guy "
Jun 5, 2009
Algonquin
Then don't by a spot. There are 200 people who would by a spot regardless, knowing and accepting the possibility of mother nature.
I get that. And I didn't buy a spot. I'm not saying they don't have valid reasons for not giving 100% refunds. I'm simply saying I dont agree with the policy ( that a lot of organizers also use) I'm sure they would prefer every event be perfect weather. I'm sure they are all great people who bust their ass getting the event put together.

Just expressing my opinion. Sorry

Gone_2022

TCG Elite Member
Sep 4, 2013
It is a good time. And at this point we are still 2 days out with a chance of rain. Literally this entire winter they would say we would be getting snow storms like it was the end of the world and we would get absolutely nothing. I feel its a little disrespectful to be putting down an event that you are not attending and from the sounds of it have never attended

Gone_2022

TCG Elite Member
Sep 4, 2013
This is literally from Wanna Go Fast's site.... which is their biggest competitor for these types of events

wannaGOFASTevent registration fees are non refundableandmay only be transferred if approved by
wannaGOFAST.
Due to the many investments and travel costs that go in to planning wannaGOFAST events, there will be
no refunds for participantent ry fees if the event has to be cancelled due to circumstances beyond our
control including but not limited to the weather.

It is not something they can really control or refund..... at most I could possibly see them allowing people to Run on Sunday if Saturday is totally rained out with zero runs happening. But again thats speculation.

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Guys, theres no point in debating the policy. It is what it is, whether you like it or not. Thats racing for you.

Lets just focus on the hope of no rain. And even if rain, there are gonna be a ton of people down there, shouldnt be too hard to find some entertainment.

Gone_2022

TCG Elite Member
Sep 4, 2013
Honestly the weather has been all over the damn place. It started out a week ago saying 80s for Saturday and now its barley 67 and rain. The one thing we gotta remember is that the rain percent is just a general idea for the entire day. It could be 90% for the morning and the rest of the day perfectly dry.

Im praying it passes by or they change the predictions as last year was such a blast and a great group of people racing and watching. Everyone was friendly and everyone was willing to help each other.

FlyingGuy

Forum Sponsor
Apr 2, 2015
Thanks guys for all the great comments. I also appreciate constructive criticism as I thinks it helps build a better event/company. We are hoping to make the best of the weekend!

The concern from my end with spotty weather is the timing equipment.Hoping to be able to get slips out to people if it looks like we run between mother natures outbursts. I will make a note about the surface based on last year... the asphalt dried pretty quick. So if it pours in the AM, im hoping we could help dry it with some 50% speed parade laps like we did last year. Great effort by everyone to help!

I just want to make a quick comment about something. THIS (Midwest) event's profits are driven solely from the gate fees/spectators. Seriously. You can run the numbers on what that means as far as events costs. True, while that's not anyone's business (cue Kermit sipping tea by the window), I don't want to be pictured as the monocled Monopoly man that just told you "Do not pass go, do not collect $200".

We begin our team's travels from California today. Hope to see most/all of you this weekend!

Thread Info