'07 Ford Focus Hatch

flip240

Jan 18, 2008
if your parents are paying for it, ask for one of these and rape every car in chicago
ford-focus-wrc-rally-car.jpg

all focus' are 16 valve DOHC btw..
The 07 focus comes with either the 2 liter duratec or the 2.3 liter duratec (ST).

Here's a FAQ from Focus Fanatics
Dyno thread also from Focus Fanatics... seems to be making decent power.. but it does seem the duratecs rods can only handle 7 psi.. that's too bad.

Last edited:

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
people actually buy focuses on purpose? damn, i didnt even know they still sell those things. why dont you get a nice used car? mabye a 2000 civic or something like that... cheap as hell and they will last forever... god forbid something did break, there are literally hundreds of aftermarket options for almost any part on that car. a focus? get real!

a little FYI, its cheaper to buy a new focus for some people, then a used civic surprisingly

I originally wanted a used civic when my hatch bit the dust the first time...

well, without a co-signer, a used car loan for someone without established credit (or bad credit) is in the 25% interest range, which means if I buy a 10K with 60-80K Civic (Before you rag on me, its an example, I found a 03 civic with 75K on it for $10K at carmax while I was car shopping over a year ago that I passed on) it will end up costing me 17,610.00 over the course of the loan

I got my Focus with 5 year/75000 mile warranty for 16,500 at 3.9% (Despite me having no credit history basically) which is 18,187.80 over the course of the loan.... so for about $500 more I got a new 2007 ford focus instead of 2003 civic with 75K miles on it (Just as an example pulled from carmax back when I was car shopping)

Last edited:

TurboACCORD

3rd Mario Brother
Jan 30, 2008
I wish my parents bought me a car...

I pay for absolutely everything in my life. Hearing from my mom that she might be interested in buying a computer for me and my brother is almost something to be scared of :noes:

Yeah, this is a great deal of luck here.

Anyway, I was looking at the ST. It's not that bad looking, so I might go take a look. And for everyone here ripping on me because I am looking at focuses, I'm almost 18 and can barely afford to pay for lunch everyday at school. Maybe mommy and daddy paid for a bit more in your lives, but it's up to me for everything. When my mom says she wants to buy a brand new car within the price range of $10k-$14k, I have very, very limited choices.

Once again, BRAND NEW. No used.

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
I pay for absolutely everything in my life. Hearing from my mom that she might be interested in buying a computer for me and my brother is almost something to be scared of :noes:

Yeah, this is a great deal of luck here.

Anyway, I was looking at the ST. It's not that bad looking, so I might go take a look. And for everyone here ripping on me because I am looking at focuses, I'm almost 18 and can barely afford to pay for lunch everyday at school. Maybe mommy and daddy paid for a bit more in your lives, but it's up to me for everything. When my mom says she wants to buy a brand new car within the price range of $10k-$14k, I have very, very limited choices.

Once again, BRAND NEW. No used.

and ill again stand but my statement...if you're mom is offering to buy you a new car and you have ANY interest in modding it, please please please dont buy a focus...if ure just getting it to strickly have a car that gets u from point a to point b, then thats fine....

Stink Star

Don’t Drive Angry!
TCG Premium
Jan 20, 2008
Big wood cock
well, without a co-signer, a used car loan for someone without established credit (or bad credit) is in the 25% interest range, which means if I buy a 10K with 60-80K Civic (Before you rag on me, its an example, I found a 03 civic with 75K on it for $10K at carmax while I was car shopping over a year ago that I passed on) it will end up costing me 17,610.00 over the course of the loan

I got my Focus with 5 year/75000 mile warranty for 16,500 at 3.9% (Despite me having no credit history basically) which is 18,187.80 over the course of the loan.... so for about $500 more I got a new 2007 ford focus instead of 2003 civic with 75K miles on it (Just as an example pulled from carmax back when I was car shopping)

ya but you end up with a focus.... i cant deal with that. i would rather have a used, best trimline SI than a brand new, stripped rental car focus. and that goes for alot of other cars too. if youre not buying the best version of that car, then why get that car? i could think of 1000 examples, and there are exeptions.... i.e. ZR1 vs. Z06 but for the most part... if you cant afford the best, dont buy anything at all

edit: 25% intrest rate? lolz!!!!! somebody saw you coming!

Last edited:

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
ya but you end up with a focus.... i cant deal with that. i would rather have a used, best trimline SI than a brand new, stripped rental car focus. and that goes for alot of other cars too. if youre not buying the best version of that car, then why get that car? i could think of 1000 examples, and there are exeptions.... i.e. ZR1 vs. Z06 but for the most part... if you cant afford the best, dont buy anything at all

edit: 25% intrest rate? lolz!!!!! somebody saw you coming!

It was as high as 33% at some places.

When you have no credit, thats just how expensive it can be, and banks sure as fuck don't wanna touch it half the time.

And I don't have a stripped focus, my car is a 4 door, auto, A/C, Cruise, Tilt, power windows, power locks, remote, etc. All I DONT have is leather, power seats, alloy rims, or a sunroof (All of which I can live without)

if you cant afford the best, dont buy anything at all

Thats a VERY Ignorant comment in my opinion. I respect your car, and that you work with cars for a living, but that comment it over the top, So if I only have $18000, and I want a V-8 Mustang I shouldn't buy a car at all?

Why are there more 6 cyl camaros then 8 cylinder ones, cause if ANYONE followed that advice there wouldn't be a single 6 cyl camaro on the planet, Why are most pickups on the road gas and not diesel since the diesels can tow more and are more reliable?

The defination for "The best" can be different for everyone, and for anything. "The Best" Car I could get for a reasonable monthly payment was a mid-end focus sedan, what you said was flat-out ignorant and rude.

"I ended up with a focus" that has proven to be an EXTREMELY reliable car, that I work hard to pay for.

Stink Star

Don’t Drive Angry!
TCG Premium
Jan 20, 2008
Big wood cock
how is that ignorant? i understand that they have lower trim lines of vehicles, i just would never consider ever buying one, just so i could get that particular line of vehicle. if i really wanted a GT mustang, for example and i couldnt afford one... i wouldnt go out and get a v6 just so i could have a mustang. i would either get a used one or find another model of car that fit my fancy. same goes with camaros and trucks. thats all i am saying. nobody is making you buy a particular car... and if you have your heart set to one particular car, why get the shitty version of it? i can understand that my way of thinking doesnt apply to everybody because 95% of people could give a shit what kind of car they drive (hence V6 mustangs and V6 silverados), but i am an enthusiast and this is an enthusiast website, so i cannout understand why anybody here would comprimise on their car. call me rude, but i dont call somebody who buys a mid- trim level car an enthusiast. like i said before though, there are exceptions.... take your civic... you are building it up and switching motors and such.... it makes sense that you wouldnt buy the top of the line. plus your civic is probally lighter than the decked out one.... also take my corvette... it is also not fully loaded, but the options it is missing are the heavy ones... active suspension, power seats etc... but it has the performance rear gear and the stiff suspension and close ratio steering and the big brakes... thereby making it the obvious performance choice. but take my daily driver... its an SI and its got navi why? because how could i not get those if they were the best? i drive this car everywhere, why not make it the nicest version. and guess what? if i priced it out and found out it was too rich for my blood... i would look for a different car... not buy the EX instead.

heres the losing formula:
cant afford a SRT4? get a neon SXT!
cant afford the mustang cobra (yes i know this is outdated)? get the GT!!!!
cant afford a M3? get a 330i! (even though turk prob. hates me... he made the right choice:bigok:)
cant afford the mazdaspeed 3? get the mazda 3!!!!
cant afford the EVO? get the OZ rally!!!! lolz

you see what im getting at? WE ARE ENTHUSIASTS!!! WE ARE THE ONES THEY MAKE THESE CARS FOR!!!!

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
how is that ignorant? i understand that they have lower trim lines of vehicles, i just would never consider ever buying one, just so i could get that particular line of vehicle. if i really wanted a GT mustang, for example and i couldnt afford one... i wouldnt go out and get a v6 just so i could have a mustang.

I don't think you understand where I'm coming from

I bought the regular focus instead of the ST because Its the same car, and I needed gas mileage over horsepower in my purchase and my SE was about 5K cheaper than an ST

I'm saying that "My definition of whats the best car or trim level of a car" can change upon what I need the car for because there are trade-off's of Cost, reliability, and power that are un-avoidable.

For example, if I want to trade in my focus for something to tow a car with.
I'd want a 3 liter ranger.

Not because it gets the best mileage, not because it can tow the most, but because its a compromise, and would be the 'best' option. It can tow, it gets decent mpg, and is as cheap as the 4 bangers because I'd want all 3 of those things in a new truck if I were to buy one.

There is Compromise and Difference in what each individual declares is 'the best'

TurboACCORD

3rd Mario Brother
Jan 30, 2008
I agree and disagree here. Normally I'd say the same thing stink is saying because I've always had the best model of the car I've driven (even though both my cars were death traps (((( Taurus SE and Accord EX lolz)))) ) But now that I might be able to get a brand new car with the money I can work with, a lancer DE doesn't sound so bad compared to a 92 accord ex lol...

I have a buyer for $2k right now, also. :rofl: (funny, right?)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info