07 Focus power steering issue

Dasfinc

Mrrrrstang.
Reaction score
Just wanted to toss a post up here for all the auto Techs on here.

My 2007 Ford Focus had a really bad power steering whine today while I was out on lunch, I pop the hood to see that power steering fluid had come out of the TOP of my reservoir and was pooled around where the cap is (as well as it is now at the MIN line of fullness. It had whined in the past when it was cold, but I never noticed it this bad until today. (And its not that cold)

Any TSBs on this? or anyone seen a newer model focus with this issue?

PANDA

Reaction score
Isnt there a warranty on it?

OP
Dasfinc

Dasfinc

Mrrrrstang.
Reaction score
Isnt there a warranty on it?
There is, but the dealership out here has piss-poor service and is run by assholes (Also I work 9-6 mon-fri, and they only have an oilchange guy in on Saturdays so I have no real way to bring the car in to this dealership easily, and they won't give me a rental cause they are again, assholes)

If this is something I should be concerned about I'll bring it to Packey Webb on a Saturday morning, I'm just curious if this is a known issue/TSB or just something that randomly happened.

TurboACCORD

3rd Mario Brother
Reaction score
My Accord suddenly developed the same problem. It whines when it's turned all the way to the left and vise versa. It also pools around the top of the resevoir... Haven't had any professional advice yet though...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom