• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

🔧 Technical 04 Tahoe - Lower Oil Pressure

EmersonHart13

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 18, 2007
giphy.gif

The Beast

TCG Elite Member
May 24, 2004
South beach
Real Name
Go Go
I’ve been a GM dealer tech for 20 years and seen this exact same scenario with this type of oil pressure concern at least 200 times. But hey, what do I know. Believe whatever you want to believe

Rocco how do you make a living for 20 years being a GM tech? GM’s never break and are the best.

• Haha
Reactions: EmersonHart13

Chester Copperpot

Unvaxxed Untermensch
TCG Premium
May 7, 2010
Blanco el Norte
Has absolutely no bearing on a GM product and a totally different engine/platform all together but fuck you.

Replacing the oil filter "elbow" gaskets on the wife's XJ brought "normal" oil pressure back. Meaning, the gauge wouldn't randomly shoot up to 60 or idle at 5 and is now a consistent 20-40.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
I've heard that the drain back valves in Delco filters have gone to shit. Wonder if that's part of it.

Well blackstone said the Amazon oil had plenty of life and nothing abnormal seen in the sample I think the GM oil filter is the only thing I could point at. 2 or 3 oil changes in a row with a GM filter and a noticeable drop in pressure at only 3K.

Edit: I was buying the GM filters on Amazon.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info