04 Cobra Coupe Redfire

shanker

Amateur Expert
Mar 14, 2004
For the record a year and a half ago I was thinking of trading mine in and they said it was worth about $18K as a trade. I went to a few different places and they all said the same thing.

EDIT Mine had about as many miles as yours does and and was in great shape.

Stangfreak91

TCG Elite Member
Dec 5, 2004
If your car is clean, I see no reason that you can't get $27K which is a good price for a first in history S/C mustang if they don't like your price they could always buy a slower worth nothing Brand new mustang gt for $29K+ or the overpriced shelby gt for $46K+ and there's always the GT500 for $65K plus!!

$27,000 starts to sound real good! We've all seen beat to death terminators sell for $22k-$24k+

So don't be fooled, your in the right ball park maybe even a tad low.

DSG03COBRA

TCG Elite Member
Mar 2, 2004
Plainfield, IL
I gotta agree that it seems a little high without any major mods included. When I bought my Cobra brand new off the lot w/ < 15 miles on it, I think I paid about $28.5k after X-plan and additional rebates.

If it had a ported blower and all supporting mods for 500 - 550 rwhp, then I think you'd have a better chance of getting $27k. If you had a Whipple or KB then I think that'd be a pretty darn good price for it. Being that it's mostly stock, I would expect about $23k - $24k from a private buyer and maybe $20k - $21k as a trade-in.

Good luck with the sale though, like someone said, it all depends on finding the right buyer...

Blood on Blood

rumble baby rumble
Apr 6, 2005
We all of stories of lower priced Cobras, hell one sold two months ago w/ 700 miles on it for 27k, but if you are looking for 29k for yours and are not in a hurry, then set the price and wait.

It is your car and worth was your willing to sell it for and what someone is willing to buy it for...

Dave

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
In general, the more you ask, the longer it will take to sell. If you can wait, pick a price and hold firm. If you need the $$$, drop the price and the car will sell faster.

Car Max offered me $20,000 even for my car last winter. They said there wasn't a winter market for the car so I'd imagine it would wholesale for at least that much during the warmer months. Retail is up around what you are asking. Private party sales are somewhere in between.

Good luck with the sale.

Thread Info