• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

03 Escalade parasitic battery drain

CMNTMXR57

GM, Holden & Chrysler Mini-Van nut swinger
TCG Premium
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
There was a recall for certain model GM trucks and SUV's, of which I believe your Escalade applies to, specifically addressing battery drain. Look up #02066 I believe.

The source is the steering wheel position sensor won't allow the BCM to shut off once you turn the key off.

The fix is to recalibrate the BCM.

CMNTMXR57

GM, Holden & Chrysler Mini-Van nut swinger
TCG Premium
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
Yea, they're all a pain simply because of where it's at. But it's not the SWPS. It's something in the calibration.

Did you call a dealership? Or GM customer service?

I would take it in to a GM dealer, you don't need to take it to a Caddy dealer, matter of fact, I would take it to a Chevy one, because they probably faced this the most and are familiar with these exact symptoms. Express that you understand your VIN isn't in the range, but that it's doing exactly what this recall is addressing. If it fixes it, they can work the system to get it fixed under the recall. It's not like parts need to be replaced. It's just connecting a T2 (or now MDI I suppose) between the vehicle and tech terminal and downloading the latest calibration. :D

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info