• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

03 cobra long tubes with xpipe

RAPER

Regular
Jan 12, 2008
Rockford-ish
thats quite a deal.. But you should really be considering if it's too good to be true... I personally have mac LT on my car and I am personally extreamly happy with them.

You must remember that putting headders on DOHC cobra's isn't fun by any means.. Meaning you only want to do it once. I'd be concerned with bad welds and possible flange failure with those pace setter's. I really haven't seen anything from them that looked good in quality.

FuelSlut

FK RED STAR
Nov 9, 2005
thats quite a deal.. But you should really be considering if it's too good to be true... I personally have mac LT on my car and I am personally extreamly happy with them.

You must remember that putting headders on DOHC cobra's isn't fun by any means.. Meaning you only want to do it once. I'd be concerned with bad welds and possible flange failure with those pace setter's. I really haven't seen anything from them that looked good in quality.

+1 you only wanna do it once. I did mine when I did a tubular k member so it was a breeze.

I went with mac long tubes cuz that's what came highly reccomended and love them. If you're not planning pushing 21+ psi don't bother with headers! Not worth it.

sleepercobra

Regular
Aug 14, 2009
+1 you only wanna do it once. I did mine when I did a tubular k member so it was a breeze.

I went with mac long tubes cuz that's what came highly reccomended and love them. If you're not planning pushing 21+ psi don't bother with headers! Not worth it.

im plannin on going with a stage 5 steggy and ported lower manifold,60lb injectors,bap,mafia... so not gonna be worth the money? i wanna be around 500+hp

RAPER

Regular
Jan 12, 2008
Rockford-ish
i picked up 10hp with the addition to the LT's over stock mani's.... you have to ask yourself it the price of headders and the p.i.t.a to install is worth the added 10hp...

I did it for the sound and the slight performance gain. FYI.. get stage 8 locking headder bolts for sure if you do change out the stock mani's. Also get some decent exhaust mani gaskets as well.

sleepercobra

Regular
Aug 14, 2009
i picked up 10hp with the addition to the LT's over stock mani's.... you have to ask yourself it the price of headders and the p.i.t.a to install is worth the added 10hp...

I did it for the sound and the slight performance gain. FYI.. get stage 8 locking headder bolts for sure if you do change out the stock mani's. Also get some decent exhaust mani gaskets as well.

i wanna get a pair of long tubes while im gonna be changing my k-member and thought that the cheaper ones might do well but im reading that pacesetters have a tendency to rust out really quick, so maybe they will be good with a little blast sanding and ceramic coating?

FuelSlut

FK RED STAR
Nov 9, 2005

With 21+ psi it'll be more like 40 hp gain trust me.

Stock gaskets from a ford dealer are just fine $40 or so I know alot of people that use them and they have no issues what's so ever. And stick with the stock header nuts too you dont need locking ones. Just buy brand new ones.

2 years with mine and no issues. Do it right make sure you clean off the exhaust runners before you slap on your gaskets and bolt up the headers. You will be amazed how many crap jobs there are and people end up w leaks.

Take a drill with the wire brush attachment and get off all the old grime and build up make sure it's smooth and then put everything on.

sleepercobra

Regular
Aug 14, 2009
With 21+ psi it'll be more like 40 hp gain trust me.

Stock gaskets from a ford dealer are just fine $40 or so I know alot of people that use them and they have no issues what's so ever. And stick with the stock header nuts too you dont need locking ones. Just buy brand new ones.

2 years with mine and no issues. Do it right make sure you clean off the exhaust runners before you slap on your gaskets and bolt up the headers. You will be amazed how many crap jobs there are and people end up w leaks.

Take a drill with the wire brush attachment and get off all the old grime and build up make sure it's smooth and then put everything on.

will do :biggthump

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info