• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

03-04 cobra stock ride height

Slow99x

ZOMBIE kill of the week
Jul 20, 2007
Are you sure the springs are in the right way? The pigtails need to be facing a certain way for the springs to sit right. Have you driven the car after you messed with the suspension? Sometimes the car needs to be driven to sit back down the right way.

FuelSlut

FK RED STAR
Nov 9, 2005
Are you sure the springs are in the right way? The pigtails need to be facing a certain way for the springs to sit right. Have you driven the car after you messed with the suspension? Sometimes the car needs to be driven to sit back down the right way.

Yes I drove it around the block a few times, it did settle a little bit. On the way out to work this morning, I looked at it and looked like it dropped a little more. I'm trying to avoid driving it anymore the wheels r toed in bad cuz of the work I did.

I went from coilovers and tubular a arms back to stock a arms and h&r race springs that I use to have on the car. Now I noticed that in the stock a arms inside the spring perch there are 2 little holes, does the spring pigtail have to b lined up on one of these? I have the spring as far forward as it will go right now.

Dana

Bluesmobile
Mar 2, 2004
There is a notch or recess on the lower control arm that the bottom pigtail should drop into.
There are also rubber insulators or isolators on the top and bottom of the spring that can affect the ride height.
The bottom one is a piece of tube and the top is a pad.

FuelSlut

FK RED STAR
Nov 9, 2005
There is a notch or recess on the lower control arm that the bottom pigtail should drop into.
There are also rubber insulators or isolators on the top and bottom of the spring that can affect the ride height.
The bottom one is a piece of tube and the top is a pad.

So do I place the spring as far forward as it will go? I also read that you should put the pigtail on the 2nd hole on the a arm. I was also thinking about taking out the bottom isolator too that would lower it some more.

Does that Steeda x2 ball joint make a ride height difference? I use to have that on the car befor but this time I just put the stock ones on.

Dana

Bluesmobile
Mar 2, 2004
Look more closely at the lower A arms. There is an actual depression that the pigtail should fall into. If I remember right, it is on the outer edge of the control arm and kinda points towards the hole for the sway bar mount.

I am not familiar with the Steeda ball joints. Sorry.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info