03/04 Cobra COT for "the" swap. ;-)

RacerX

Reaction score
I spent waaaaayyy too much time on this and that new solution Zack saw on M1R looks fantastic for the price! I could have made it a bit prettier, but, it'll work.

Mock-up!

huh?!

Reaction score
Looks good!

did you make a second idler bracket/plate that's behind the s/c tensioner arm bracket?

RacerX

Reaction score
What Zack said! Thanks guys! It's a lot of work. I'm getting better at welding and doing less grinding though... :noes:

huh?!

Reaction score
The bracket comes with one.
hmmm. i'm lost then. my eaton swap brackets from Terry do no look like that. mine look like the 2 brackets in the attached pic (behind s/c tensioner arm/pulley and behind/holding the alternator)....no additional plate

RacerX

Reaction score
I have the alternator bracket like you also (polished). This is Terry's "Expensive" bracket with the extra pulley for less belt slippage with small Eaton pulleys. There is an idler pulley that you can't see on the backside of this braket. I wish I had my alternator PC'd chrome instead of black now though. Who knew? Amazing how projects can grow.

musclemerc

Reaction score
What Zack said! Thanks guys! It's a lot of work. I'm getting better at welding and doing less grinding though... :noes:
When MIG starts getting easy time to learn how to TIG ;)
It never ends.......

Good job

huh?!

Reaction score
I have the alternator bracket like you also (polished). This is Terry's "Expensive" bracket with the extra pulley for less belt slippage with small Eaton pulleys. There is an idler pulley that you can't see on the backside of this braket. I wish I had my alternator PC'd chrome instead of black now though. Who knew? Amazing how projects can grow.
That's effing sweet. didn't realize he made "pimp" version. lol.

01Cobra

Johnny Cobra
Reaction score
Terry's expensive bracket is the only way to go. So awesome.

RacerX

Reaction score
Yes, MIG... :) Actually, The black and chrome mix works. The black pc alternator will look ok I think. I may pc the valve covers a nice gloss black too. Just a bit more polishing too. Hmmmmmm....

Zack

4 Doors 4 Life
Reaction score
That's effing sweet. didn't realize he made "pimp" version. lol.
Lol I asked you if you had the old or new style brackets and you said new. (The badass one)
I had 2 COT's already made for your brackets!

huh?!

Reaction score
Lol I asked you if you had the old or new style brackets and you said new. (The badass one)
I had 2 COT's already made for your brackets!
DOH! only saw pics of the brackets I got and figured when people referred to "old style" and "new style" brackets, it was a difference in the angle/set-up of the brackets themselves. Guess that's what I get for assuming and not asking the question.

Anywho, my misunderstanding is allowing me to try modularspeed's cot delete!

Last edited:

huh?!

Reaction score
Just looked at this modified cobra COT again and still amazed at how nice it looks! lol

RacerX

Reaction score
How'd that get under the hood??? :smile: Just have to tweak a few things, put the 8 rib belt on when it arrives and the other pulley... Anyone notice my fuckup in the picture? I found it pretty quick.

huh?!

Reaction score
How'd that get under the hood??? :smile: Just have to tweak a few things, put the 8 rib belt on when it arrives and the other pulley... Anyone notice my fuckup in the picture? I found it pretty quick.

You didn't install it on my car. LOL

Nice work and congrats!

musclemerc

Reaction score

Hmmmm.... Could it be the factory hose clamp on the 1-1/2" T adapter?

RacerX

Reaction score
Naahhhhh... That's part of the minor chit I'll clean up as I go along. I'll give ya'll a hint! My idle was close to 3k on startup and wouldn't go down until I changed this. :dunno:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom