🔧 BUILD 01bluesnake's 2018 TT GT350

General Information

TURBO UPDATES START HERE - https://www.thechicagogarage.com/threads/01bluesnakes-2018-tt-gt350.173540/post-4278124

Sooo, couldn't wait any longer for my '94 cobra to be done, needed my fix lol. As seeing how my other turd box is moving away from 'street car' manors, I wanted something I could take out to shows, cruise, and just enjoy. I do plan to fuck this car up, so for any Shelby purists, this thread will not be your friend. I'm not a big road race guy, been there, and done that with some of my older cars. While fun, I like my short burst, lame 1/4 mile racing that takes no skill (kidding). Some may remember me, some may not, for those that do, you know what's coming lol.

I picked up the car a few weeks ago from Fargo ND, was a long trip but worth it. Car is bone stock, with 2600 miles on it. It's a lead foot gray, strip delete car, babied its whole life. Heres some pics from that journey. Left at 7am, got back at 3am that night. Was so tired, just pulled the trailer in the garage with the car and said fuck it lol.

20200627_172314.jpg

20200628_102940.jpg

20200628_103214.jpg

20200628_105625.jpg

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
They are very fun on motor, still plenty fast too. As long as they are taken care of, usually still perfectly good cars, but did see a lot of abuse.

Even after running through mountain roads, road courses, and the drag strip, my car was still in great condition. No creaking, or quality issues. Sure a couple of ring & pinions. haha They are very solid cars if maintained.

Don’t you have a boss, you could probably do cat deletes and a tune and would be almost the same set up, if I remember right Pratt didn’t hardly have anything done to his he just drove the shit out of it

With just cat deletes, JBA mufflers, FRPP junk 93 octane tune, control arms, and big & littles, my car went 11.44 @ 116. I think I could have gone faster with some more testing. The Boss would probably make a little more power with a Drew tune.

Pratt's setup was very close to mine. We had some differences in suspension, and i think he had Kooks shorty headers. He was also running a ported CJ and CAI from me with Shauns E85 tune.

I didn't run e85 in the 2011. But otherwise, the rest was as you listed. We sat pretty similar besides the E85 and you were a couple hundred pounds lighter. I couldn't shift up high with the CJ intake due to my trans being damaged when I bought it. Went 11.2 @ 119 in mine. On the street, after the trans rebuild, it showed a 10-second pass.

I miss those days. I had a lot of fun with you trying different parts to see what they did on the dyno and at the track. The 2011 GT is one of the only cars I truly miss.

They ran hard for minimal mods

That was the best part. I love doing more with less. And at that time, Drew and I had n/a cars that I don't think many believed could run that well. Again, this was back in 2013. And now 10-second n/a cars are pretty common.

As sad as I am to see the TH400 going in, you know I am a banger guy. haha But with the TH400, it will be badass to see the GT350's potential!

Reactions: 01bluesnake

01bluesnake

D Mark Performance
TCG Sponsor
Jul 8, 2009
Even after running through mountain roads, road courses, and the drag strip, my car was still in great condition. No creaking, or quality issues. Sure a couple of ring & pinions. haha They are very solid cars if maintained.

With just cat deletes, JBA mufflers, FRPP junk 93 octane tune, control arms, and big & littles, my car went 11.44 @ 116. I think I could have gone faster with some more testing. The Boss would probably make a little more power with a Drew tune.

I didn't run e85 in the 2011. But otherwise, the rest was as you listed. We sat pretty similar besides the E85 and you were a couple hundred pounds lighter. I couldn't shift up high with the CJ intake due to my trans being damaged when I bought it. Went 11.2 @ 119 in mine. On the street, after the trans rebuild, it showed a 10-second pass.

I miss those days. I had a lot of fun with you trying different parts to see what they did on the dyno and at the track. The 2011 GT is one of the only cars I truly miss.

That was the best part. I love doing more with less. And at that time, Drew and I had n/a cars that I don't think many believed could run that well. Again, this was back in 2013. And now 10-second n/a cars are pretty common.

As sad as I am to see the TH400 going in, you know I am a banger guy haha, it will be badass to see the GT350's potential!

Yeah, i really do miss my '12, it was a lot of fun. I thought you were on E85, but makes sense i went a little faster due to weight then. I think driver wise and power wise, we were even there. I dont want to throw a TH400 in it for long term, its more to prove a point on the new age class trans rule change being dumb lol. It ruined the class when they dropped the factory trans rule. Once i fix the stock trans, and a few other tweaks like shift pad upgrade and polishing internals, gonna throw it back in.

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
Yeah, i really do miss my '12, it was a lot of fun. I thought you were on E85, but makes sense i went a little faster due to weight then. I think driver wise and power wise, we were even there. I dont want to throw a TH400 in it for long term, its more to prove a point on the new age class trans rule change being dumb lol. It ruined the class when they dropped the factory trans rule. Once i fix the stock trans, and a few other tweaks like shift pad upgrade and polishing internals, gonna throw it back in.

I wish there was a series at the time to run a 11.0 index. We would have had fun. lol

The TH400 will allow the car to prove a point for sure. But I look forward to seeing what it can do with the stock trans back in it. But until then, being stupid fast with a th400 is quite alright as well. haha

01bluesnake

D Mark Performance
TCG Sponsor
Jul 8, 2009
I wish there was a series at the time to run a 11.0 index. We would have had fun. lol

The TH400 will allow the car to prove a point for sure. But I look forward to seeing what it can do with the stock trans back in it. But until then, being stupid fast with a th400 is quite alright as well. haha

Same. I think when the stick goes back in, and i add the clutch slipper valve, the car should go 8's with the new power. The mph i had was good for low 9's, but the '60 was sub par and boost ramp slow, so it went high 9 bottom 10 a few passes. The one outing i brought boost in faster, and added another psi in all gears i forgot my draggy, so got no data. It will be interesting to see how quick i go with the auto. Moving the car over to radials from the slicks as well, so probably gonna go a little faster from those too.

01bluesnake

D Mark Performance
TCG Sponsor
Jul 8, 2009
I gotta put this in here. Do you think 13:1 and cams in a Predator is crazy with a 3.8? The results nuts. 1300whp on a freaking blower car! Daaaaaaaamn not many people make that much without turbos!

View attachment 163537

View attachment 163541

View attachment 163542

While 1300whp is a lot of power, its not out of range for a built 5.2 and a 3.8 whipple. A lot of ported stock blower, stock engine predators were making 1100whp, and mostly didnt get turned up higher cause they worried about the motor. Blower cars can easily make the power, its about putting it down that becomes the problem. 1300whp at the crack of the throttle is absolutely useless. A lot of people go turbo for the ability to control and pull the power back.

01bluesnake

D Mark Performance
TCG Sponsor
Jul 8, 2009
Should be able to do boost by gear on the whipple and the PMCtec Palm Beach is using now too.

Yes the Whipple tool can pull back throttle opening, which essentially holds back boost and power, but that is tuning by Whipple for their more off the shelf kits, not so much the wild/custom tuning setups like the one shown. PMCTec is still new to the market, so i cant really speak on what it can or cant do. With technology things are getting more advanced, but that also comes with a price. My Cortex is simple, $400, does by gear, and i have 6 different boost by gear setups i choose in about 5secs.

Reactions: dpwalsh14

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
I must be getting old. I was out in my car yesterday and only have a 3.6 pulley on the thing, and it scares me pretty good. Maybe I'm still getting used to the auto thing and not being in total control of what the transis doing?

1300hp on the street.....FUCK that! lol
Sad Gordon Ramsay GIF by Hell's Kitchen

BOTTLEFED

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Mar 7, 2015
I must be getting old. I was out in my car yesterday and only have a 3.6 pulley on the thing, and it scares me pretty good. Maybe I'm still getting used to the auto thing and not being in total control of what the transis doing?

10r80 gets it eh? :p

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city

Letting the 10 speed kick down on its own would probably be pretty schetchy, I always use manual mode and the paddles to find my rolling start gear the second you put your foot to the floor click the shifter back to auto and let it do it’s thing will be more controlled and take off like a rocket ship

Jeffs FRC

TCG Elite Member
Aug 10, 2006
Lakemoor, IL
Season 3 Reaction GIF by American Gods

10r80 gets it eh? :p
Seriously!
Letting the 10 speed kick down on its own would probably be pretty schetchy, I always use manual mode and the paddles to find my rolling start gear the second you put your foot to the floor click the shifter back to auto and let it do it’s thing will be more controlled and take off like a rocket ship
My tune will actually just let me paddle down when in D and it will hold the gear for up to 45 seconds, then it will shift on its own once you go WOT. I have to say that I'm pretty impressed with the Lund tooning. Trans pretty much does what I want it to and the driveability is very good. And that start ups on E85 are perfect every single time whereas that was the only complaint I had with PBD....their E85 start ups were pretty crappy.

I did let the 10R just do its thing yesterday on a couple 50-60mph hits, but the Toyo's grabbed pretty good since it was warm and sunny. It's just a new feeling to me having the trans do its own thing. I'll get used to it.

Reactions: 01bluesnake

01bluesnake

D Mark Performance
TCG Sponsor
Jul 8, 2009

You aint getting old, its just a ridiculous amount of power lol.

01bluesnake

D Mark Performance
TCG Sponsor
Jul 8, 2009
Are the new age classes no prep? That thing should hook hard on those things

Its been back and forth with class or events changes for MKE. I was at Anarchy too, but that was no prep. MKE had no prep, then they did prep, then back to no prep. The track usually comes around though, at least when i was running at GLD. Not sure how it was last time at 41 with MKE, wasnt out. My customer also runs the class, and different events. I believe he will be running nuclear no prep at Byron, so ill have to be there to see how it is. Im trying to run at 41 for MKE the day after our event, but not sure if i will yet.

Reactions: 1quick

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Its been back and forth with class or events changes for MKE. I was at Anarchy too, but that was no prep. MKE had no prep, then they did prep, then back to no prep. The track usually comes around though, at least when i was running at GLD. Not sure how it was last time at 41 with MKE, wasnt out. My customer also runs the class, and different events. I believe he will be running nuclear no prep at Byron, so ill have to be there to see how it is. Im trying to run at 41 for MKE the day after our event, but not sure if i will yet.
For the record, I said you are more than welcome to drop from ours and do a weekend of MKE. Would totally understand. I want that out there in writing.

01bluesnake

D Mark Performance
TCG Sponsor
Jul 8, 2009
For the record, I said you are more than welcome to drop from ours and do a weekend of MKE. Would totally understand. I want that out there in writing.
I absolutely appreciate it, but i'm good for the TCG track day. Im not sure if i'll have mine dialed in for the 10th yet, at least not comfortable enough to throw it in with 7 sec cars.

01bluesnake

D Mark Performance
TCG Sponsor
Jul 8, 2009
Didnt you have 15s on the rear? Those are outlaw?

Yes, when i did the rear knuckles, i went with a billet set Shaun from AED developed. They allow down to a 15" rear wheel on the S550, even with stock GT brakes where a GT knuckle is 17" wheel with stock brakes. Since i had to do rear knuckles regardless to run a smaller rear wheel, i went with those. I didnt want to be limited to a 17" wheel, and i didnt want to do drag brakes. So it allowed best of both. New age classes require a 17", where some others do not.

Thread Info