🔧 BUILD 01bluesnake's 2018 TT GT350

General Information

TURBO UPDATES START HERE - https://www.thechicagogarage.com/threads/01bluesnakes-2018-tt-gt350.173540/post-4278124

Sooo, couldn't wait any longer for my '94 cobra to be done, needed my fix lol. As seeing how my other turd box is moving away from 'street car' manors, I wanted something I could take out to shows, cruise, and just enjoy. I do plan to fuck this car up, so for any Shelby purists, this thread will not be your friend. I'm not a big road race guy, been there, and done that with some of my older cars. While fun, I like my short burst, lame 1/4 mile racing that takes no skill (kidding). Some may remember me, some may not, for those that do, you know what's coming lol.

I picked up the car a few weeks ago from Fargo ND, was a long trip but worth it. Car is bone stock, with 2600 miles on it. It's a lead foot gray, strip delete car, babied its whole life. Heres some pics from that journey. Left at 7am, got back at 3am that night. Was so tired, just pulled the trailer in the garage with the car and said fuck it lol.

20200627_172314.jpg

20200628_102940.jpg

20200628_103214.jpg

20200628_105625.jpg

01bluesnake

D Mark Performance
TCG Sponsor
Jul 8, 2009
Intercooler is finally up, and yes there is a leak from a trans cooler line. Pried on a line a little too hard when I was mounted the turbos and got a dreaded drip. Where the line is formed from the factory, got a hair line crack, just thin metal at that spot. Welded the fitting up, and put some silicone which I let cure over night. Ordering a new set of trans lines, but this is hopefully a fix do I can tune today and run at the track safely tomorrow. The intercooler is spec'd by me and built by Bell intercoolers.

20210611_100711.jpg

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
OK so this car is sick AF and you picked the best color ford haz ever made. But I have to ask, if you were planning to build a straightline car, why pay a $20k premium over a GT for a car that's designed for a road course? Am I only using this school of thought because I'm a cheap ass? I couldn't imagine paying big $$ for track suspension, brakes etc then removing all those parts make a drag setup work.

Like I said I love the car, just curious more than anything

jason05gt

TCG Elite Member
Jan 17, 2007
Naperville
OK so this car is sick AF and you picked the best color ford haz ever made. But I have to ask, if you were planning to build a straightline car, why pay a $20k premium over a GT for a car that's designed for a road course? Am I only using this school of thought because I'm a cheap ass? I couldn't imagine paying big $$ for track suspension, brakes etc then removing all those parts make a drag setup work.

Like I said I love the car, just curious more than anything

He's a business owner, so advertising and building credibility. People see cool stuff like this and want the same.

Reactions: FirstWorldProblems

01bluesnake

D Mark Performance
TCG Sponsor
Jul 8, 2009
So, got some good news and some bad news. Good news,, got the engine diaper on, hell of a tight fit for sure, but works. Got the lower aero all together and turbos tuck up great. The bad, had it on the dyno tuning on low boost and was running out of fuel. After a lot of hours, pulled the fuel hat and there is a sticky residue in the tank and on the pump assembly. Going to clean it all out and change the fuel filter, but might have to change the pumps if that has clogged them up. It could be the top end cylinder lube I add with the barrel E85, either way have to get it all cleaned out, and go back on the dyno. It is a no go for the track outing today, bummer.

20210611_193024.jpg

20210611_202907.jpg

20210611_204617.jpg

20210611_204650.jpg

20210611_204721.jpg

IMG_40291.jpg

01bluesnake

D Mark Performance
TCG Sponsor
Jul 8, 2009
Drew, are you on the Instagram?

I am not, only on FB.
Hot side routing looks super simple!

it's not bad, but as simple as it looks, fab and welding is still killer on time. Ive done a few of these setups now, so kinda got them down to a science and know all the parts I need..
Hi drew. Long time no talk. Sick car man. Can I have the first available lane in Mexico? ?

it’s Chad aka “qwik01cobra”

Whats up! Definitely long time since I seen you. Thanks and yes, once its dialed in, will be out doing some "cruises" lol

Reactions: Evil_ZR1

Thread Info