🔧 BUILD 01bluesnake's 2018 TT GT350

General Information

TURBO UPDATES START HERE - https://www.thechicagogarage.com/threads/01bluesnakes-2018-tt-gt350.173540/post-4278124

Sooo, couldn't wait any longer for my '94 cobra to be done, needed my fix lol. As seeing how my other turd box is moving away from 'street car' manors, I wanted something I could take out to shows, cruise, and just enjoy. I do plan to fuck this car up, so for any Shelby purists, this thread will not be your friend. I'm not a big road race guy, been there, and done that with some of my older cars. While fun, I like my short burst, lame 1/4 mile racing that takes no skill (kidding). Some may remember me, some may not, for those that do, you know what's coming lol.

I picked up the car a few weeks ago from Fargo ND, was a long trip but worth it. Car is bone stock, with 2600 miles on it. It's a lead foot gray, strip delete car, babied its whole life. Heres some pics from that journey. Left at 7am, got back at 3am that night. Was so tired, just pulled the trailer in the garage with the car and said fuck it lol.

20200627_172314.jpg

20200628_102940.jpg

20200628_103214.jpg

20200628_105625.jpg

01bluesnake

D Mark Performance
TCG Sponsor
Jul 8, 2009
So did the trans ever get swapped and all that jazz?

Car should be back at the shop after this coming week, just had a lot to catch up on, needed to get back on track with customers builds. Gonna throw in the fuel system first, turn the boost up with the manual trans to see what it makes, then throw the th400 in. Will give me a good idea on drivetrain loss, since the converter is kind of on the wild side.

01bluesnake

D Mark Performance
TCG Sponsor
Jul 8, 2009
So, on a quest to crack 8's with a banger in the car, i held off on the th400 swap for the moment. If i feel like i just cant get any better without an auto in it, then ill go that direction. I just enjoy driving the car too much as a stick. I called over to cortex, who my boost controller is from, and i can control my clutch slipper right through it. I got ptfe fittings and lines from Redhorse, so should be able to plumb it in relatively easy. I also got ID1300 injectors and finally installing the rest of the Fore system. Its a twin pump 285, which should be good for about 1300whp as a banger, although i dont plan to push more then 1200whp. During the cars down time, i chose to grind down the charge pipe welds, coat that and the lower pipes in gloss black. I had the rest of the exhaust parts ceramic coated as well, to cut out as much heat as possible. Other then that, will update pictures as i complete the sections over the next few days, got a race to go to sunday.

20230921_203134.jpg

20230921_131602.jpg

20230921_201949.jpg

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
So, on a quest to crack 8's with a banger in the car, i held off on the th400 swap for the moment. If i feel like i just cant get any better without an auto in it, then ill go that direction. I just enjoy driving the car too much as a stick. I called over to cortex, who my boost controller is from, and i can control my clutch slipper right through it. I got ptfe fittings and lines from Redhorse, so should be able to plumb it in relatively easy. I also got ID1300 injectors and finally installing the rest of the Fore system. Its a twin pump 285, which should be good for about 1300whp as a banger, although i dont plan to push more then 1200whp. During the cars down time, i chose to grind down the charge pipe welds, coat that and the lower pipes in gloss black. I had the rest of the exhaust parts ceramic coated as well, to cut out as much heat as possible. Other then that, will update pictures as i complete the sections over the next few days, got a race to go to sunday.

View attachment 179477

View attachment 179478

View attachment 179479
Where is this race Sunday? Ive seen a few people mention it. Mathew with that LTD and I think Verdino are supposed to be in it

Jeffs FRC

TCG Elite Member
Aug 10, 2006
Lakemoor, IL

View attachment 179477

View attachment 179478

View attachment 179479
If you’re interested, there’s a few of us talking about Great Lakes on Oct 14th or 21st.

01bluesnake

D Mark Performance
TCG Sponsor
Jul 8, 2009
Got some motivation from Jeffs FRC Jeffs FRC to stop being lazy and change my other half shaft. I ended up breaking the other side, FRPP shaft, so trying out the strongest axles G Force makes. Went with exotic outer ends too. Going to clean up the suspension parts, check and lube/clean all the bearing ends.

Also if your one person swapping axles, this is how i do it. Level out the axle with a block of wood, then a nice brass punch and come out easy. I used the pry bar method in the past, sometimes they came out easy, other times fought the hell out of them. This is a great method when using jack stands and car is low, without much pry bar room

20230921_213125.jpg

20230921_213039.jpg

20230921_213158.jpg

20230921_212355.jpg

Jeffs FRC

TCG Elite Member
Aug 10, 2006
Lakemoor, IL
Got some motivation from Jeffs FRC Jeffs FRC to stop being lazy and change my other half shaft. I ended up breaking the other side, FRPP shaft, so trying out the strongest axles G Force makes. Went with exotic outer ends too. Going to clean up the suspension parts, check and lube/clean all the bearing ends.

Also if your one person swapping axles, this is how i do it. Level out the axle with a block of wood, then a nice brass punch and come out easy. I used the pry bar method in the past, sometimes they came out easy, other times fought the hell out of them. This is a great method when using jack stands and car is low, without much pry bar room

View attachment 179487

View attachment 179488

View attachment 179489

View attachment 179490
Nice! I was all ready to try your punch method, but I had the prybar out already and they literally came right out with just a nudge of the prybar. Low mile cars everything just comes apart easy!

Also I did some research on the G Force axles and it seems they updated them around 2019. The Renegades basically were made to Outlaw specs and they upgraded the Outlaws even further.

Reactions: 01bluesnake

01bluesnake

D Mark Performance
TCG Sponsor
Jul 8, 2009
Nice! I was all ready to try your punch method, but I had the prybar out already and they literally came right out with just a nudge of the prybar. Low mile cars everything just comes apart easy!

Also I did some research on the G Force axles and it seems they updated them around 2019. The Renegades basically were made to Outlaw specs and they upgraded the Outlaws even further.

Working on low mile stuff is always nice, or stuff that is well keep and garaged.

Yeah, DSS and GForce both did some weird stuff with axles around that time. I think they were having a lot of failures, i see a lot on customer cars, mostly stick though.

01bluesnake

D Mark Performance
TCG Sponsor
Jul 8, 2009
I'm so happy to see you continuing to try to go quicker with the 6 speed. I can't wait to see you get that 8 second pass. Then ssee how quick you go with it.

Its got it in it, i was just taking the easy approach. I kept battling throwing in the 400, or staying stick. My biggest issue is just the leave, the 60 foot was shit for the power, its either bog or hit the tires way too hard. Got tired of breaking or hurting the drivetrain almost every outing too. Clutch slippers seem to be the magic part that is becoming a game changer for stick/awd guys. What really made me stop, i was reading about a gt500 who was dealing with the same shit as me. He was going 1.5x 60 running mid 9's. Threw on a clutch slipper with basic settings, went 8.9 and a 1.3x 60. I think my best 60 was a 1.55, but high 140's for mph which is low 9 range. If i can get my 60 dialed in, i will absolutely pour in a fuck ton of power down low. I would not be shocked if i could get a mid 8 out if the car, it will have the power.

01bluesnake

D Mark Performance
TCG Sponsor
Jul 8, 2009
Are they only going to the 1/8th. At the big rim event last month. They only went to the 1/8th cause there was a pot hole or some shit on the big end.

Yes 1/8 mile, even banger class got pulled back to 1/8 from 1/4. I think people are just going way too fast out back. I personally do not care for 41, mostly because its almost a 2 hour ride each way for me, but it is what it is.

Reactions: Shawn1112

BOTTLEFED

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Mar 7, 2015
Yes 1/8 mile, even banger class got pulled back to 1/8 from 1/4. I think people are just going way too fast out back. I personally do not care for 41, mostly because its almost a 2 hour ride each way for me, but it is what it is.
Just had this conversation about it being too far and on a Sunday, Hence my old ass staying home lol

01bluesnake

D Mark Performance
TCG Sponsor
Jul 8, 2009
Got the slipper valve mounted, but man what an eye sore with the blue fittings. Ill probably take it apart and change the fittings to black if i keep it banger. Besides that, got stainless flat stock, made a bracket, and picked up stainless hardware to length and size i needed from McMastercarr. In process of getting the fuel rails together now. Also threw in a new set of spark plugs, and pulled the gap down to .026 just to avoid any potential issues with upping the power.

20230922_164100.jpg

20230922_113338.jpg

20230922_114729.jpg

20230922_164835.jpg

20230922_103423.jpg

01bluesnake

D Mark Performance
TCG Sponsor
Jul 8, 2009
Anyone doing pwm fluid solenoids on the clutches or just the adj orifice?

Both actually. Theres a company called bang shift billy that makes a pwm unit, a little cleaner then this one for install, but controlled via module and your phone. This one is an adjustable orifice, similar to a manual boost controller. Theres other that are restrictor pill based, but not easy at all to adjust on the fly, as they have to be torn apart and bleed each time.

IceCreamAssassin

When in doubt, throttle out
TCG Premium
Jan 28, 2011
Cary

View attachment 179477

View attachment 179478

View attachment 179479
Where did you get the coating done? Or could I drop off my kit to get coated? Or better for me just to take it there myself? I work right around the corner from you so it would just be easy for me to drop off there lol.

Thread Info