00y0y_kMzHikcJN0t_1200x900.jpg

00O0O_eSxXuAAqRc8_1200x900.jpg

00X0X_eUB2jJZvGkF_1200x900.jpg

00G0G_h66Ijn9CAMm_1200x900.jpg

00L0L_3x2d4sWI5Z0_1200x900.jpg

00j0j_446ho00RLod_1200x900.jpg

00J0J_jNZJrSi4mji_1200x900.jpg

00V0V_dzb3D5Q3AyW_1200x900.jpg

182,XXX miles (daily driven and will go up).

Runs and drives great. New headgaskets (both sides with new and improved style Fel-Pro MLS headgasket), heads were professionally decked as a precaution and checked for cracks and valve issues (none found), new Apex brand head bolts used. New Aisin timing belt, water pump, and pulley kit. New fuel filter and Fel-Pro manifold and valve cover gaskets. Car has been running like a top since the head gasket work. I drive up and down 355 for work daily. Cruise control works great. Tires have good tread (they have some dry rot, but hold air perfect.) Comes with carpet mats and rubber mats and cargo area rubber mat. Interior is in very good condition, aside from a few stains. Exterior is straight and most of the paint is in good condition; however, there are a few rust bubbles starting on a couple of the quarter panels (nothing you can't get ahead of if you want) but WAY better than other Subaru's of this year from the Midwest. Price reflects all the work put in to making this a reliable daily driver. Wife and I have 4 cars, and this one has to go. I will entertain trades though (throw me an offer, worst I'll say is no).

$2500 TCG price. Located in Wheeling, but I'm in Addison and Naperville for work daily so I can reasonably meet up. I drive this car every day.

I do want full disclosure for this car.

The Good:
-Runs and drives absolutely great. Starts rights up.
-Body is really straight
-Interior is pretty minty, a few stains I just haven't had time to hit with the shampooer
-Tape deck AND CD player...I'll throw in a tape deck to 3.5mm and lightning adapter, but should be a super easy swap to a double DIN or single DIN if you need
-Both heads were done at the same time, checked for runout (decked anyways)
-Heat works great
-Brand new windshield
-All power options are working (windows, locks (have two fobs, one needs a new battery), mirrors)

The Bad:
-Tires have some dry rot; plenty of tread and they hold air fine
-There is some rust spots that you can probably see in the pictures. Nothing crazy, but they are present.
-Body has its fair share of dings and dents, but hey it's a 18 year old car that was previously registered in the city of Chicago
-AC was working, but when I went to turn it on last weekend, I got warm air. It was news to me. I can throw a can of R134A in with some stop leak if you really want, but that's no guarantee it'll do anything but buy you another month or two.
-She can sometimes be a little shaky at idle; doesn't feel like it's dying or anything just shaky. Goes away as soon as you start driving. Got a little Michael J Fox :s00ls:
-Since the headwork, I have been chasing intermittent cat inefficiency and evap codes. For awhile, the car was with my parents and sitting and doing just short trips around town after the head work. I took it to a local mechanic, he smoke tested everything and changed the gas cap that was leaking. The cat code he believed was just because it was never really driven up to temp...I drive it up and down the highway, and I haven't had the code reappear. Can't guarantee it won't be back though. Looking underneath, it looks like the cat has been replaced before, or there was a repair job. I've been driving it for a week+ with no lights or issues. Check with my Ultragauge, and there's no CEL's or pending CEL's right now.
-Filling it with gas is a tedious process...it takes about double the time a normal car...could be a number of things that I've never really investigated (and could have to do with the evap code). The filler neck is NOT rotted out, like many Subaru's, which could mean just the vent tube has a clog? It's slightly annoying, but it hasn't bugged me enough to do anything about.
-Car sat for 8 months or so while I was trying to have a guy finish up the timing and top end of the car after I had done all the head work. Dragged it to another shop, and the guy finished it up, and has been running great (aside from the codes) since.

If you have ANY questions, or want to see pictures of anything else, shoot me a PM.

Last edited:

Kensington

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 14, 2017
Hey y'all, fuck this snow shit, buy this thing and don't worry about getting stuck. Drove it to work today, and played around on my unplowed site's lot. Could barely get this thing to lose traction with all seasons. Imagine what a set of snow tires could do. BUY IT! TCG Price is WAY less than I've put into this thing. $3000 everywhere else, and I'll still be losing money

Thread Info