• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

0% for 72 on mustangs right now.

blck10th

TCG Elite Member
Jan 11, 2007
But if you have a super low payment @ 0%... You just make double payments here and there - my 11' civic was a 6 or 7 year loan... But I paid it off in 4 - it's more about the finance rate rather than the term...

You're like the 1% who does something like that.

Even if I had 0% for 72 I'd force myself o pay it off early. I don't want a loan or a car on my credit for 6 years. I personally think it's nuts. But that's just me

deviantlx

TCG Elite Member
Apr 20, 2008
people have always lived beyond their means. they are always trying to keep up with the jones!

that being said I have never gone full term on ANY loan I have had. my last loan was 4 years. finished and title in hand in 3 years. if you can't dedicate yourself to making an extra payment here and there. kill yoself! hahahahaha.

Gone_2022

TCG Elite Member
Sep 4, 2013
I love free money and usually disagree with him, but really KJ he makes a valid point. If you need 84 months to pay off a Dart. . . . You probably shouldn't be buying one.

And to the comment on super low payments.

I'd be willing to guess most don't do that... Please prove me wrong, I want to think people are more financially responsible, but the data seems to show otherwise.

Kay jay just has it out for me for no reason. It's more fun to mess with him now than anything. He doesn't look at the big picture ever. He doesn't realize that the general population isn't going to see 84 months as a way to pay it off faster. It's a way to have extra money each month to buy/finance other crap.

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
I don't get why people still call it "free money."

Finding a $5 bill on the ground is free money. An auto loan over 6 years with 0% interest, but includes borrowing fees, is not free money to me.

It really is free money though. Borrowing fees? Maybe a one time setup fee, maybe. I've never paid that on any loan I've had though. 0% interest is 0% interest. It is a free loan and if you plan on keeping the car for a long time (because you're probably going to be upside down on it for 5 years) then I don't see a problem with it.

I leverage just about everything I can. My $15,000 Audi, I had a loan on it. Not because I can't afford to pay it but because I can do more with the money and at the interest rate I was paying it was basically free.

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
JK
Kay jay just has it out for me for no reason. It's more fun to mess with him now than anything. He doesn't look at the big picture ever. He doesn't realize that the general population isn't going to see 84 months as a way to pay it off faster. It's a way to have extra money each month to buy/finance other crap.

:carter:

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
It really is free money though. Borrowing fees? Maybe a one time setup fee, maybe. I've never paid that on any loan I've had though. 0% interest is 0% interest. It is a free loan and if you plan on keeping the car for a long time (because you're probably going to be upside down on it for 5 years) then I don't see a problem with it.

I leverage just about everything I can. My $15,000 Audi, I had a loan on it. Not because I can't afford to pay it but because I can do more with the money and at the interest rate I was paying it was basically free.

this

SRT41320

TCG Elite Member
TCG Sponsor
Jun 11, 2007
Lake in the Hills - IL
What incentive do you have to pay it off quicker? If you have a loan at 0%, you'd be better off stretching it and putting the extra payment into an investment (401K, IRA, etc.)

Not have a monthly car payment :dunno: 90% of the time you can only get the 0% rate if you stretch the loan past 5 years...

Also depends on your situation... Take my situation... Wife drives 30k+ miles a year... 7 year loan means making payments on a car with 200k miles :fu:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info