🏟️ Sports 🏎️ Official Formula 1 Thread

Jimbo

CSVT OG Member
TCG Premium
TCG Goldmember
Aug 16, 2005
Overtake Motorcycle Racing GIF by MotoGP™

MotoGP > Indy Car > Nascar > F1
The last set of aero changes did absolutely nothing to make the racing more competitive that I can see, I bet the number of passes per race is the same, so I have no faith the next go-around will help at all
All I see that it did was allow someone to stay close for longer.

Reactions: FirstWorldProblems

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
Well that was actually not a bad race, thanks to the weather.

But Ferrari. OOF.

Also I really was on the edge of my seat when Lando finally pitted from the lead and came back out. Even if he didnt retain the lead, he did an amazing job of getting on with it and keeping the car pointed in the right direction in those conditions at the pit exit

I also wanted to listen to their cooldown room conversations WAY more than i actually wanted listen to the presenters :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: PJx5x and Aircal

GLADIATOR

aka STROKE-KING
TCG Premium
Mar 29, 2004
New Lenox IL
My nephew was in town, and we met him for lunch this past Sunday. He is a lawyer from San Antonio but originally from Mexico City. His parents are still there. We told him how we want to go see an F1 race and Mexico tickets are "affordable". He says, "I can get a suite there through a friend.... you can stay at my parents' house."

Its Happening GIF by MOODMAN

Reactions: Jimbo and IDAFC21

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
Watched the race this evening. I needed a nap.

ralph-waving-from-tv-series-simpsons-kvtpwu6hhte1yb7w.gif

Talk about losing before you even started. It all came down to that start. Shame. But I do love how close things have become lately. Max isn't just having "lovely" races anymore. Wasn't a horrible race actually.

And christ. There is just no excuse for Perez anymore. I guess red bull just wants this to be Maxs team and doesn't want anyone in that opposite seat that can give him a hard time.

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Blue
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
I've been trying to be enthusiastic about F1. In the last month the only thing that kept my attention was the start of the Canadian GP. Even the qualifying and sprint races have been boring.

Today, slept through the first half. Sad that it took reckless driving by MV to make the race interesting. What a petulant spoiled brat he is. The penalty he received was meaningless, and I think the stewards knew that. I did want to wipe the smug look off of Toto's face when Russell took the lead. He wasn't fighting for it, it was handed to him.

I just don't get the decision by Red Bull to keep Perez. RB and Horner made it through one scandal this year, could Perez have something even worse that he is holding over their heads? He was beaten by a Haas today.

Reactions: IDAFC21

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Blue
Staff member
TCG Premium
Super Moderator
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
I just don't get the decision by Red Bull to keep Perez. RB and Horner made it through one scandal this year, could Perez have something even worse that he is holding over their heads? He was beaten by a Haas today.
Totally agree with this. I could understand it if sainz wasn't available...but he was...such a golden opportunity and they just threw it away. The other teams have clearly caught up, you can't win the championship with one driver anymore. Perez is 5th in the driver's championship....FIFTH

watched the 8 minute recap and it barely kept my attention, no idea how people watch these races for 3 hours

Reactions: SpeedSpeak2me

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Blue
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
Totally agree with this. I could understand it if sainz wasn't available...but he was...such a golden opportunity and they just threw it away. The other teams have clearly caught up, you can't win the championship with one driver anymore. Perez is 5th in the driver's championship....FIFTH

watched the 8 minute recap and it barely kept my attention, no idea how people watch these races for 3 hours
Monaco - I watched the 10 minute recap, and it was nine minutes too long.

Start - crash - checkered flag

I will say I was genuinely happy for Leclerc to win his home race. It is a rare occurrence for the Prince (Albert II) to display emotion, especially during a globally televised live event. It was a win that neither Leclerc or the Royal family will ever forget.

Also, it took me until yesterday to realize that Ferrari's drivers have the same first name, especially when anglicized. Charles & Carlos, Chuck & Chuck.

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
First off let me just say leave it Hans Zimmer to actually make the Austrian national anthem interesting :ROFLMAO: That is normally one of the most boring anthems on earth.

I made the mistake of having a couple beers while I was watching this race. Very nearly put me out :ROFLMAO:

The last 10 or so laps tho. Damn. Cant say anything that hasnt already been said. Max sucks. The penalty was worthless, he still finished in the same position, AND got the extra point for fast lap, whereas Norris couldnt even finish the race. Perez.........yeah. And the aston martins have completely fallen off the grid. Alonso's "wow" is all you can say about them at this point.

Time to go wake myself up w/ the moto gp race.

I think there was a formula e race this weekend as well I need to watch. cripes what a weekend.

Thread Info