🏟️ Sports 🏎️ Official Formula 1 Thread

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
I will say I would LOVE to see a Formula E race at Miami. I think that could be quite exciting and more suited to those cars. The just revealed the Gen 3 Evo cars last weekend and those things are going to be nuts. Even more power, and AWD!! Think they said the 0-60 in those is going to be like 1.8 seconds, which is almost a second faster than the current F1 cars can do it, AND those cars are still on grooved tires, not slicks.

Those cars have come so far since they first started the series, but I had to come to realization the other day that the series has been going for 10 years now. Which is crazy to me because it does not feel like its been that long. I think Lucas di Grassi is the only driver to be in that series since the very beginning

• Wow
Reactions: SpeedSpeak2me

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
And Sprint watched. It wasn't horrible.

Tho there was a lotta DRS trains going on

And good lord I think Mags was off his meds today :ROFLMAO:

Poor Norris tho. That whole thing was just a comedy of errors from Stroll, Alonso and Hamilton but unfortunately he paid the price for it all

We'll see how tomorrow goes. Think i'll definitely be assembling more of my lego ford gt while I'm watching the race so at least I have something to do :ROFLMAO:

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Blue
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
“One stop tire strategy”, for a 57 lap race.
Sleep Yawn GIF

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
Wow. Overall the race actually didn't suck!

AWESOME for Lando!!!! Man it is about freaking time. And on the same weekend where they aired the vid of him on the lie detector saying his first race win would be in a McLaren :ROFLMAO: Good for him, he deserves that. That safety car could not have come at a more perfect time for him. Button interviewing him "how does it feel" "Fuck! -SORRY!" :ROFLMAO:

Those Alpines at the start :oops: I don't know HOW they went side by side thru that tight complex w/out crashing into each other or going off. I could not believe that.

Perez at the start lookin like a Forza player just plowing into turn 1 almost friggin taking out Max and the Ferrari

Not bad. Not bad at all.

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Blue
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
With the lack of racing this weekend, and me not having the ability to commit to watching something I’m way behind on ( IDAFC21 IDAFC21), I’m watching the 2006 championship. Man, the V8’s, soooooo good. The cars are way more “twitchy” than I’ve gotten used to. They just snap right into the turns. Aero is so much cleaner looking. Did I mention the V8’s?

Sadly not in HD. Think that started in 2007 or 2008.

I should have gone to 2005 for the last of the V10’s.

Edit- the STR’s are running the 2005 V10 engines.

Jimbo

CSVT OG Member
TCG Premium
TCG Goldmember
Aug 16, 2005
It'll never happen, it's a pipe dream. Contract requires a 10 year agreement and city of Chicago isn't interested. Just like New York and New Jersey.

Save your pennies and go to the Canadian GP instead. Would be nice if they came back to the Indy road course (with better tires).
I recall them saying they'd love to do Road America, but there's not enough room in the pits.

Thread Info