DEEZUZ

He's/him/his/penis
Donating Member
Reaction score
Wish Ida knew sooner

SpeedSpeak2me

Donating Member
Reaction score
You mean like when I created this because you originally couldnt post pics?

Man, it would be great if you guys read update threads to the site...its always fun paying for things that dont get used.
I really like this new feature. Works great for me since I do most of my photos with a DSLR. Don't have to reduce the size or resolution anymore, drag'n'drop.

happy shifting.gif

OP
Mook

Mook

El Presidente
Admin
Reaction score
Dunno if anyone noticed but I've been using it alot lately, so I figured I'd mention it. You can paste URLs from other sites into the uploader and upload that way as well. This saves space on our server from copying and then reuploading it on the site.

SpeedSpeak2me

Donating Member
Reaction score
I tried a few times, but not frequently. I did notice that the site/service does compress the images once uploaded. Noticed it when I uploaded my September ROTM and the level of detail dropped a good 25% compared to the .jpg I uploaded. Even though the photo is at a ridiculously high ISO (10,000) to let in enough light for the short exposure to keep the comet in focus I can see detail missing.

OP
Mook

Mook

El Presidente
Admin
Reaction score
Its not my decision, thats on the dude that made the uploader on his site.

OP
Mook

Mook

El Presidente
Admin
Reaction score
I tried a few times, but not frequently. I did notice that the site/service does compress the images once uploaded. Noticed it when I uploaded my September ROTM and the level of detail dropped a good 25% compared to the .jpg I uploaded. Even though the photo is at a ridiculously high ISO (10,000) to let in enough light for the short exposure to keep the comet in focus I can see detail missing.
Most sites (ours included) implements compression because of how big image files have gotten. Its the norm.

SpeedSpeak2me

Donating Member
Reaction score
Most sites (ours included) implements compression because of how big image files have gotten. Its the norm.
I've seen MUCH worse, like FB. To the point where details are almost completely lost. The one you found is probably one of the best I've seen that doesn't include exorbitant monthly fees for the storage space. Imagine if I could use my RAW images, LOL. That's one of the reasons I don't borrow my dad's D850, the JPGs are 25-30 MB, and the RAW hover around 43-48 MB.

OP
Mook

Mook

El Presidente
Admin
Reaction score
FB DESTROYS images.

OP
Mook

Mook

El Presidente
Admin
Reaction score
I mean can we get that option at all for the site for videos? Or is YouTube the best way?
Xen allows you to upload videos but we just dont have the space to host them. I mean most vids are now in 4k and those files size balloon quickly.

Id have to talk to Jack.

SpeedSpeak2me

Donating Member
Reaction score
What I would like to do, but don't know where or if it is possible, is to find a site (even for a fee) that will let me upload full resolution photos (not RAW) that won't compress them. Then use that link to post back here to TCG. Preferably have the account private but make it so that anyone opening the link from the TCG domain would be able to access them, maybe even download them if they like.

I haven't really looked into too much. Shit, I still have close to 3500 photos between my two DSLRs that I need to go through, trash what I don't need, tag/categorize the rest, and then file.

tinfoilhat

TCG Conspiracy Lead Investigator
Donating Member
Reaction score
Xen allows you to upload videos but we just dont have the space to host them. I mean most vids are now in 4k and those files size balloon quickly.

Id have to talk to Jack.
Totally understandable. Bandwidth and storage is expensive

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom