Disney+ ‘The Mandalorian’ Spinoff ‘Ahsoka Tano’ & ‘Rangers Of The New Republic’ In The Works [Disney+]

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike

The Mandalorian season 2 brought fan-favorite Ahsoka Tano to the live-action universe, but that won’t be the last time we see Rosario Dawson as Star Wars’ most famous Togruta Jedi. On Thursday, during the 2020 Investor Day call, Disney announced that Ahsoka will get her own live-action series on Disney Plus.

It seems the project is still a long way off so we didn’t get many details on the plot. One thing we do know is that the show is going to be set immediately after the events of Star Wars: Rebels, which means that it should all be before Ahsoka’s meeting with Din Djarin and Grogu. On top of that, this unknown period in Ahsoka’s life could serve as a great setting for us to learn more about the history of the Jedi order.

The Ahsoka Tano series will be created and executive produced by Mandalorian creator and executive producer Dave Filoni. Filoni was an executive producer on the animated series Clone Wars and Rebels, where Ahsoka was an important character, and the writer and director of her big live-action debut. The show will connect to another new Star Wars show, Rangers of the New Republic. According to Lucasfilm’s Kathleen Kennedy, the two series will crossover into a climactic event.

According to Disney’s announcement, the Ahsoka Tano series is set to debut sometime in 2022.

Reactions: Spivitz and BS ISF

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
noooo-gif-darth-vader-3.gif

Sprayin

Public Enemy #1
TCG Premium
Oct 8, 2008
Grand Rapids, MI
I'm okay with it. When it came to the physicality of the role he and Ewan McGregor did a great job wit the fight choreography.

If the can get rid of whiny Anakin dialogue it'll be fine.
They have professional writers now, not George Lucas. So I have faith.

I'm also curious to how they're going to integrate him into the story. Shouldn't he already be dead at this point?

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
They have professional writers now, not George Lucas. So I have faith.

I'm also curious to how they're going to integrate him into the story. Shouldn't he already be dead at this point?
Force ghost? Flashbacks?

Though, I dont' really see Flashback as viable considering the wealth of material available in Clone Wars and Rebels.

Maybe referencing things from the Kenobi series.

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
Have they mentioned the timeline this series takes place in?

According to THR, Christensen will play Anakin Skywalker in the Ahsoka series, which takes place five years after the events of Return of the Jedi. As Darth Vader was killed at the end of that film, it's unclear how Anakin would return for the show, but speculation would lead to either as a Force Ghost or in flashbacks.

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
I've been a fan of hers since live free or or die hard :LOL:

Shit, death proof, 10 Cloverfield lane, the thing, Fargo (the fx one), she's great in whatever. Add I still want to see her play Ripley's daughter in an Alien spinoff. If you've never watched Kate I suggest you do. It's an ok movie but it would've been shit without her

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
I've been a fan of hers since live free or or die hard :LOL:

Shit, death proof, 10 Cloverfield lane, the thing, Fargo (the fx one), she's great in whatever. Add I still want to see her play Ripley's daughter in an Alien spinoff. If you've never watched Kate I suggest you do. It's an ok movie but it would've been shit without her
I was entertained by Kate. She’s really putting the work into becoming an action star. It’s obvious those are the roles she wants to pursue.

Reactions: IDAFC21
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info