WTB: Beater with working heater (NO projects or sketcy titles)

chris101

TCG Elite Member
Jun 25, 2009
Mt. Prospect, IL
Real Name
yes
I'm really getting tired of the crap on Craigslist and facebook. If the car is good, the title is crap, if the title is good, the car is junkyard material. ..and I won't even get into the 'oh I'll mail you the title as I'm a private dealer BS' Do people actually fall for this crap?

So here's what I am looking for, something around the $1000 or less price range. It doesn't have to be pretty but it better not be dangerously rusted (engine hanging too low because of rusted core support is not something I'm even going to test drive for example). I don't care if the AC doesn't work (or never had it) but if the heat doesn't work, I'm not wasting my time.

If you car has been parked for 2 or 3 years and 'ran when parked' you better make sure it runs (and can move out of its spot) before I drive out to look at it.

Okay, end rant.. anyone have anything? MUST survive winter and not be something I have to put $100s into just to make it safe and reliable to go less than 5 miles a day for winter commuting.

Please also dont' expect me to JUMP at a $1600 price for your rusty 1993 honda that has 228k miles when I'm seeing a 2007 Chevy Aveo with 99k miles for $650

chris101

TCG Elite Member
Jun 25, 2009
Mt. Prospect, IL
Real Name
yes
^ It's a 1993 Infiniti G20 with 89,002 miles (grandma's car from Kentucky). Not a hint of rust anywhere as it hasn't yet seen a Midwest winter. It needs some work but considering we have a basement full of g20 parts and 10+ years experience working on this exact same car, it just made the most sense. Heck, its even the same color of our former track G20. It was sold as a 'needs work' car but the low mileage, no rust and 'G20' factor sold us on it. Drove 2 hours north to Wisconsin to pick it up. :)

I spent about 4 hours on it today cleaning the interior -- it didn't look bad at all BUT boy did a lot of dirt end up on my rags!

g20underneigth.jpg

winterg20.jpg

IMG-7252.jpg

IMG-7251.jpg

IMG-7250.jpg

IMG-7249.jpg

IMG-7248.jpg

IMG-7245.jpg

IMG-7244.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info