WTB - Old Watches

boxandpapers

Dec 22, 2016
If this isnt a spam attempt, linking this to a buddy.

Hi Mook, not spam. As I mentioned in my WTB - I have a website with over 70 articles I've written about people's watches (all from interviews I do with them).

Also, I wrote an article about a local family auto business that sells vintage cars
- you should check it out. Here's the link: Family Business On Cruise Control

If you know someone who might be interested in selling their watch or wants to do an interview/story about their watch - I'd appreciate you passing my info along!

Thanks so much,
Nick

bluzohh6

The system works
Jul 2, 2007
Elgin, IL
Talking costs extra. Not to be a jerk but here's why. Selling the watch is 1 thing. It's quick and it's easy; money changes hands it's done. Back stories and interviews have value which you'll recoup from your site in one way or another. I wouldn't recoup any costs for the time it takes me to sit and answer questions and tell a story. Time is the most valuable commodity we have.

boxandpapers

Dec 22, 2016
Talking costs extra. Not to be a jerk but here's why. Selling the watch is 1 thing. It's quick and it's easy; money changes hands it's done. Back stories and interviews have value which you'll recoup from your site in one way or another. I wouldn't recoup any costs for the time it takes me to sit and answer questions and tell a story. Time is the most valuable commodity we have.

I'm certainly interested in buying old watches you have -- just let me know what you've got... email me when you have chance. Thanks and Happy Holidays! - Nck

boxandpapers

Dec 22, 2016
Let's start with the types of watches you're looking for before I send out my email to be spamd by a stranger

Watches from 1950s - 1980s (mostly Swiss made mechanical - no quartz). Stainless steel tool watches: diving watches, chronographs, Timezone watches. Anything with an interesting function. Honestly, my interest is broad. I am well known in the watch community. Please see my website and Instagram @watchpatina to get more of a sense for my watch taste and reputation.

Appreciate your time discussing this wig me ??

- Nick

Primalzer

TCG Elite Member
Sep 14, 2006
Hi Mook, not spam. As I mentioned in my WTB - I have a website with over 70 articles I've written about people's watches (all from interviews I do with them).

Also, I wrote an article about a local family auto business that sells vintage cars
- you should check it out. Here's the link: Family Business On Cruise Control

If you know someone who might be interested in selling their watch or wants to do an interview/story about their watch - I'd appreciate you passing my info along!

Thanks so much,
Nick

Have an original Heuer Jarama passed down to me, from my father...not looking to sell, but if you wanted to do an interview, PM me

boxandpapers

Dec 22, 2016
https://watchpatina.com/2017/01/21/heuer-heirloom-jons-jarama-chrono/

Nick is a great guy, really knowledgeable. We met up for almost two hours chatting about watches, life, and everything in between. He wrote up this great article on my watch. Highly recommend if you're looking to offload watches or anything else.

Thanks Jon!! Really enjoyed our morning coffee and talking watches!
Appreciate you doing this: sharing your special watch and its story.

If anyone has an old watch they might want to sell (or not sell, but share the ownership history) please reach out to me. Email [email protected]

Again, if you're curious about the article I wrote on fellow Chicago Garage Member Primalzer, click this link to read "Heuer Heirloom: Jon's Jarama Chrono"

Thanks all!

Attachments

• Heuer Jarama.jpg
    Heuer Jarama.jpg
    467.5 KB · Views: 202
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info