Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
In an effort to increase vendor exposure, etc...I'm messing w/ the forum listing on the main page. For example, refresh the main forum and look at the listing for v8 muscle and 3800 sections...note how ive moved vendors that compliment those categories to them (example: deans to v8, sinister to 3800, etc).

do you guys feel this is just making things look cluttered or would there be benefit? my thought it is increases exposure and will greatly help out both the vendor and members who are browing a model specific section.

perhaps i'm just bored today and causing more clutter than neede...looking for CONSTRUCTIVE criticism.

example:

sponsor.jpg

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2008
Woodsticks, IL
any difference in how they're displayed if they're subforums?

Like ILGPC could go under gen 3800 disc, and SDD wbody could go under 3800 tech?

Regardless, it's better than leaving them at the bottom of the page where no one ever looks.

Can you see stats for how many times the "live feed" link is used in any given day? Its functionality like that and the "new posts" link that kill ppl ever looking at the main forum page in the first place.

Admittedly, I hardly EVER look there at all, and even then its only to click on live feed.

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
no stats for that. i used live feed almost exclusively, HOWEVER...on my first visit to the site, i scan the homepage to see what forums have activity.

i could do something like 3800 Vendors then have sub forums be there...thats not a bad idea actually. have actual sub forum vendors....much to think about

Thread Info