TCG How To - Using Imgur for Photo Sharing

wombat

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Sep 29, 2007
WI
Today we're going to learn how to use imgur.com to upload pictures to share with TCG!

1. Go to Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet and click on upload images.

4BKDl9d.jpg

2. Click on browse your computer and select the image(s) you want to upload. Alternatively, you can drag and drop the images you want over where it says drag and drop here, or you can use the "Upload via URL" by pasting a URL into that box.

JN6CmmD.jpg

3. Once you've selected the images you want, click on Start Upload (do not click publish to imgur) Note: If you want to edit them you can click on edit on the left. I'll go into more of this below.

H9UXB24.jpg

4. Wait for them to upload.

umIThNa.jpg

5. If you uploaded multiple images, hover your mouse over each image you will see a link, and to the left of the link a box with ... in it. Hover over that box, you will see "BBCode (Forums)" Copy that, and paste it in your thread. You must do that for every image you want to put in your thread.

If there is only a single image, the "BBCode (Forums" line will be on the right, you do not need to hover over the image.

See pictures below.

This is what you will need to do if there are multiple images:
cUbi1Hs.jpg

This is what it will look like with a single image:
LStMSzC.jpg

Congratulations you've uploaded pictures!

Feel free to PM me with any questions or help if you need help uploading images to share with TCG.

wombat

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Sep 29, 2007
WI
Now that you know how to upload, let's learn how to edit. The reason cropping/resizing is important is most phones take pictures by default now a day at some silly resolution like 5000x3000, which is HUGE when you upload it.

1. Once you're at the upload screen, click on the edit button next to the image you want to edit, and click start upload.

sT4eVEl.jpg

2. Once it's done uploading, you will be at this screen:

rvl45bP.jpg

3. I'm not going to go into details of all of the advance settings as you can play with those yourself, but the most common one you need to use is the Crop / Resize. Good rule to live by when resizing, is always keep the lock proportions button checked or else your image may turn out short and fat or tall and skinny. Below I've added common sizes to use for images to make it easier. In this case, we've taken a 1920x1080 image and shrunk it down to 1280x720 (From 1080p to 720p).

On the right, change the larger of the two numbers to the size you would like, and the smaller of the numbers will change when you click apply. Once you've changed the number, click apply, and then save. Use the guide above to get it into your thread.

nFG4iiO.jpg

Common Resolutions:
1920x1080
1280x720
1024x768
800x600

wombat

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Sep 29, 2007
WI
I dont think he was referring to here? He said one forum.

The site will shrink them down either way...its just sucks when you first have to load them.

I must have misunderstood his post then. I do agree that, especially on mobile, loading stupid large pictures just for them to size down is annoying.

Which is also why I starting resizing all mine.

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
TCG Premium
Nov 20, 2008
NWI
Alright I'm about to trash Imgur..... They updated the fucking app so you no longer can direct copy a already IMG tagged image... You used to be able to upload a pic, click it and have 6 options of links. From the time I took a pic and had it on the forum it used to take all of 30 secs. Now their app only allows direct links and if you wrap that link in tags it doesn't show up... Their website on mobile fucking sucks.... WTF