Forum Register TCG Mobile Casino Live Posting Feed Garage Arcade Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   The Chicago Garage > Community > User Support & Resources

User Tag List

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 07-29-2013, 11:09 AM   #1
 
Jack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 1969
Posts: 6,348
Casino cash: $907618700
0.35 per day
Exclamation Topify Feedback thread

The previous thread was getting a bit off topic, so I wanted to create this one.

Please post any issues or feedback here, and we'll work to address them.


Thanks!
Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 12:37 PM   #2
 
RareGMFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Naperville, IL
Posts: 805
Casino cash: $11873700
0.19 per day
Default

I got a PM saying "I’m reaching out to you because you've recently used Tapatalk on this forum", but I've never used Tapatalk, nor Topify. I prefer the actual desktop version for any site.
__________________
PREVIOUS: '89 Pontiac 6000 STE AWD (2 of 1376), '90 Pontiac Grand Prix SE McLaren Turbo (1 of 2749)
'90 Pontiac Grand Prix STE McLaren Turbo (1 of 1000), '01 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP Special Edition (1 of 1341)

CURRENT: '00 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP (uggghhh....boring regular one)
RareGMFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 12:47 PM   #3
 
Burtonrider10022's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Posts: 13,048
Casino cash: $13490161
3.14 per day
Default

I got your PM Jack. I just downloaded Topify again and I'll do my best to use it for a while.

Not the most constrictive comment, but I wish we just had a mobile site vs. a separate app.

Posted via Topify using Android
Burtonrider10022 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 12:48 PM   #4
 
Mook's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Elgin
Posts: 159,898
Casino cash: $91495000
36.02 per day
Default

IMO, there isnt a real need for a mobile version. Most phones can handle the site with no problem. If you want it stripped down even more (especially if you only view on your phone), switch to the worksafe skin, and then turn off avs and images.
__________________
- TCG Owner & Operator -
Mook is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 12:51 PM   #5
Cupcake
 
Ti28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Bartlett
Posts: 9,476
Casino cash: $1731519
4.00 per day
Default

I got the PM too. If I didn't buy tapatalk already I'd try it. But I bought something and I tend to use it.

Not only that, I wouldn't even know what to say to help improve it. I just get used to what's in front of me.
Ti28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 12:58 PM   #6
 
Jack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 1969
Posts: 6,348
Casino cash: $907618700
0.35 per day
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mook View Post
IMO, there isnt a real need for a mobile version. Most phones can handle the site with no problem. If you want it stripped down even more (especially if you only view on your phone), switch to the worksafe skin, and then turn off avs and images.
It's not about handling a site on a mobile phone (that's a poor user experience no matter how you skin it).. it's about being able to efficiently interact with the forums you're a member of. And that includes having push notifications, among other options.
Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 01:00 PM   #7
 
Burtonrider10022's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Posts: 13,048
Casino cash: $13490161
3.14 per day
Default

I agree that the site is pretty user friendly for the full version. I mean shit, I can even upload attachments right off my phone storage or SD card. I more wish it had a larger font and bigger buttons. Nothing worth actually "complaining" about, I only mentioned it because we were on the subject.

And that doesn't just apply to this site, fyi. I wish more sites had full functionality but we're optimized for the smaller screens. I can't stand mobile sites with stripped functions though, like eBay mobile.

And Jack, I'm on a solid wifi connection right now and it won't post this reply...

Posted via Topify using Android
Burtonrider10022 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 01:05 PM   #8
 
Jack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 1969
Posts: 6,348
Casino cash: $907618700
0.35 per day
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burtonrider10022 View Post
I agree that the site is pretty user friendly for the full version. I mean shit, I can even upload attachments right off my phone storage or SD card. I more wish it had a larger font and bigger buttons. Nothing worth actually "complaining" about, I only mentioned it because we were on the subject.

And that doesn't just apply to this site, fyi. I wish more sites had full functionality but we're optimized for the smaller screens. I can't stand mobile sites with stripped functions though, like eBay mobile.

And Jack, I'm on a solid wifi connection right now and it won't post this reply...

Posted via Topify using Android
Which phone are you using?

Posted via Topify using iPhone/iPad
Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 01:24 PM   #9
 
Jack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 1969
Posts: 6,348
Casino cash: $907618700
0.35 per day
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RareGMFan View Post
I got a PM saying "I’m reaching out to you because you've recently used Tapatalk on this forum", but I've never used Tapatalk, nor Topify. I prefer the actual desktop version for any site.
Yeah, sorry about that.. the query I wrote didn't do exactly what I thought it did


It included anyone that had triggered a push notification to a tapatalk user.
Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 02:35 PM   #10
Topify Guy
 
The Pun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 13,335
Casino cash: $4865400
2.39 per day
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devil1 View Post
I got the PM too. If I didn't buy tapatalk already I'd try it. But I bought something and I tend to use it.

Not only that, I wouldn't even know what to say to help improve it. I just get used to what's in front of me.
FYI - our app is free and would love to hear what you think of it.
The Pun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 02:39 PM   #11
I eat dirt
 
ilikemtb999's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 68,412
Casino cash: $30273000
15.97 per day
Default

I got as far as having to make a login. After checking it out as a guest I saw it only had tcg and none of the other forums I'm on I deleted it.
__________________
85 blazer.........turbo, 1 ton axles, some stuff
70 Buick GS.......resurrection in progress
10 Tahoe SSV lowered Baja edition
14 Caprice PPV woop woop
ilikemtb999 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 03:37 PM   #12
 
Jack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 1969
Posts: 6,348
Casino cash: $907618700
0.35 per day
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilikemtb999 View Post
I got as far as having to make a login. After checking it out as a guest I saw it only had tcg and none of the other forums I'm on I deleted it.
Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 03:59 PM   #13
Forum Sponsor
 
daturbosix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Aurora
Posts: 11,528
Casino cash: $50059918
2.77 per day
Default

nothing really i dont like about topify, it seems to be very user friendly. but i, like other dude stated, other sites im on ddont have it, so is it really worth having 1 app to cruise tcg and an other for all the other forums? no, not in my opinion. more than likely it will be deleted shortly.
__________________
BY APPOINTMENT ONLY - 630.885.9333
daturbosix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 04:06 PM   #14
TCGs Far Right Leader
 
Chester Copperpot's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Shithole, IL
Posts: 29,083
Casino cash: $6712400
8.66 per day
Default

Got the PM and I've never used Tapatalk or any iteration of Topify. Don't plan on using either, either.
Chester Copperpot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 04:09 PM   #15
E
 
E's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: CV
Posts: 8,385
Casino cash: $2147483647
2.00 per day
Default

I like how I can just go right into tcg from the home screen using tapa. Meaning an app of the forum. When Topify doses that then i'll check it out more.
__________________
E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 04:23 PM   #16
Smash the system!
 
Miss Esa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Wheaton, IL
Posts: 1,113
Casino cash: $9498200
0.41 per day
Default

I really like the tapatalk app, but because the Topify app is free I'll give it a shot.
__________________
"Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit…what a ride!" - Hunter S. Thompson


Miss Esa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 05:21 PM   #17
Topify Guy
 
The Pun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 13,335
Casino cash: $4865400
2.39 per day
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by E View Post
I like how I can just go right into tcg from the home screen using tapa. Meaning an app of the forum. When Topify doses that then i'll check it out more.
If you pull open the slide out menu TCG should show up under My Forums. This is where your most visited forums will show up. The first time you open the App it will give you a tutorial or you can access it on the Slide Out Menu>Help.

Let me know if you have any other questions...
The Pun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 05:23 PM   #18
 
Mook's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Elgin
Posts: 159,898
Casino cash: $91495000
36.02 per day
Default

I really need to get Jack a list of things but the number 1 thing missing is widgets and a one click button to the latest posts for a favorite forum.

Example: I have a widget for TCG, tap it and Im greeted with the newest posts. Might not seem like a lot but as an app I use A LOT, its a feature I cant do without.

Keep it simple. Having to swipe, slide, click, etc to get to what you want, is annoying (saying that in general, not anything in particular).
Mook is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 05:26 PM   #19
 
Mook's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Elgin
Posts: 159,898
Casino cash: $91495000
36.02 per day
Default

As shown:
Attached Images
 
Mook is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 06:45 PM   #20
TCG Conspiracy Lead Investigator
 
tinfoilhat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Riding the Hubble
Posts: 36,293
Casino cash: $172639501
8.26 per day
Default

EXACTLY!

and get rid of HTML5

I just feel like Topify is so clunky and unorganized. I spend more time going into threads and navigating to the end just to find out my response was the last one. It takes me WAY longer to check for newer posts considering i have to click on every thread i responded to and navigate to the end.

Why waste all that time when i can simply open Tapa, take a quick look, and see if anyone has responded after me?
__________________
"It's never too cold for swamp ass."

XBO - NinjaTurtlThong

tinfoilhat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 07:06 PM   #21
 
J-LO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: In Da Hood
Posts: 2,390
Casino cash: $11217792
1.09 per day
Default

i like tapatalk,

and its ad free, is topify and if it is, will it remain ad free? the last site i was on (bike forum) turned off tapatalk and forced anyone who wanted to view mobile to use there motorcycle one, which has adds. I no longer view that site via mobile device. so i barely visit that one anymore. is topify used on more then one forum? pointless to have something that is for just one site, what are those other sites? is there a list?

tapatalk has a server to upload photos too also so it does not add to TCGs bandwith if used. topify?
__________________
2017 Corvette Z06
2017 Dodge Ram Big Horn
2015 Corn Runner Nissan Sentra SR



Jim
J-LO is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 04:54 PM   #22
E
 
E's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: CV
Posts: 8,385
Casino cash: $2147483647
2.00 per day
Default

Some threads will not load or would take forever.

On the plus side. Pics and gifs are better shown compared to tapa
E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 01:37 PM   #23
Topify Guy
 
The Pun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 13,335
Casino cash: $4865400
2.39 per day
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by E View Post
Some threads will not load or would take forever.

On the plus side. Pics and gifs are better shown compared to tapa
Can you let me know what device and software version you are running?
The Pun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 02:14 PM   #24
Topify Guy
 
The Pun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 13,335
Casino cash: $4865400
2.39 per day
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mook View Post
I really need to get Jack a list of things but the number 1 thing missing is widgets and a one click button to the latest posts for a favorite forum.

Example: I have a widget for TCG, tap it and Im greeted with the newest posts. Might not seem like a lot but as an app I use A LOT, its a feature I cant do without.

Keep it simple. Having to swipe, slide, click, etc to get to what you want, is annoying (saying that in general, not anything in particular).
I put it on the possible feature list but let me know if there is anything else you would like to see.

Thanks
The Pun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 02:15 PM   #25
 
Mook's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Elgin
Posts: 159,898
Casino cash: $91495000
36.02 per day
Default

Its a feature I feel you guys definitely need to be competitive.
Mook is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:37 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.6 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
no new posts