Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
fucking in :bowdown:

based on a huge book series (4 books) called A Song of Ice and Fire by George R.R. Martin. reminds me of a much darker lord of the rings. i guess the tv adaption is staying pretty faithful to the books as well.

first 12 minutes..

HBO.com

premiers april 17th. i guess its a good thing i get hbo free for 6 months. :fy:

Long ago, in a time forgotten, a preternatural event threw the seasons out of balance. In a land where summers can last decades and winters a lifetime, trouble is brewing. The cold is returning, and in the frozen wastes to the north of Winterfell, sinister and supernatural forces are massing beyond the kingdom’s protective Wall. At the center of the conflict lie the Starks of Winterfell, a family as harsh and unyielding as the land they were born to. Sweeping from a land of brutal cold to a distant summertime kingdom of epicurean plenty, here is a tale of lords and ladies, soldiers and sorcerers, assassins and bastards, who come together in a time of grim omens. Here an enigmatic band of warriors bear swords of no human metal; a tribe of fierce wildlings carry men off into madness; a cruel young dragon prince barters his sister to win back his throne; and a determined woman undertakes the most treacherous of journeys. Amid plots and counterplots, tragedy and betrayal, victory and terror, the fate of the Starks, their allies, and their enemies hangs perilously in the balance, as each endeavors to win that deadliest of conflicts: the game of thrones.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
well that was definitely different. i liked the last 30 minutes more than the first. i wish they would have focused more on just one or two of the main "families" as opposed to trying to introduce everyone at once.

solid acting and great set pieces. lots of tits too. looking forward to the whole show unfolding.

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
HBO Renews Yet Another Series After Only One Episode

http://gawker.com/#!5793537/hbo-renews-yet-another-series-after-only-one-episode

Brian Moylan — HBO Renews Yet Another Series After Only One EpisodeHBO's newest epic, Game of Thrones, lured nearly 5 million viewers into its magical realm on Sunday night. That gave the cable network for people who think they're too smart for regular TV an opportunity to play its favorite game: the instant series renewal.

Yes, after only one episode, the hugely expensive drama (season one cost about $50 million) has already been given the greenlight for season two. It's nice that HBO has confidence in its offerings, but what this really shows is that it should have confidence in its marketing department. The only things these ratings prove is that people are curious and want to watch this thing that's gotten so much hype.

HBO's gamble 10 days after True Blood's lackluster debut eventually paid off with a huge audience. But HBO's swift pickup of Boardwalk Empire after only a day wasn't quite as prescient: The show went on to lose nearly half its audience between the first episode and the last. Might the same thing happen to Thrones? Will both these costly shows end up having disastrous, low-rated second seasons? Guess we'll have to wait and see, something that HBO doesn't seem to bother with anymore.

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
*spoiler alert below

Just got done watching. So good! Yeah a little creepy with action Jackson boning his sister.

It was nice to have my own narrator too :rofl: Jackie has read all the books and answered my questions cause a lot was going on and I got confused.

Thread Info